Georgia-Atlanta

Attire deals - Where are the bargains?

Everybody knows about the nationwide chain stores and what they have to offer. What local (non-big chain) stores in the Atlanta area offer great service, competitive (or better)  pricing, and still have excellent quality dresses for women and/or tuxedos/suits for the guys? 

I think that everyone loves a bargain, but nobody wants to sacrifice quality for a really special event like a wedding.

Where are the deals?

Re: Attire deals - Where are the bargains?

• blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    I went shopping on a budget a couple months ago so here are my reviews:

Carrie's Bridal Collections - Found my dress here! I think the owner designs all the dresses, and all are under $1000. It's a really personalized shopping experience and the employees are super nice. Everything is off the rack, and only a few of each style, so there's a bit of pressure to buy on the spot.

Bridal Sense - Good selection of off the rack, consignment, and dresses that can be custom ordered, in a variety of price ranges. The employees were helpful and they do alterations.

Anya Bridal - They seemed to have a variety of stuff at different price ranges, but the service was horrible when I went.

Places that were on my list, but I didn't go because I already found a dress:
    Formally Yours
    Azalea Bridal and Formal
    Le Dress Boutique

Hope that helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yes, I've heard bad things about Anya, as well.

Thanks for the response. How about tuxedos/suits? Anyone?

• There's a locally owned place called King Tux Rentals, just off Barrett Parkway, if you know where that is - It's pretty close to I-75. They've got a big selection of tux and suits and really good prices. Check them out cause they've also got a lot more vests and tie colors than anybody else we saw.
  • I didn't know about Carrie's OR Bridal Sense. It's good to know that they have consignments for those interested before the event and after!

One more place that does consignement gowns and dresses is Pat's Apparel in Hiram, GA. Pat does alterations, as well.

• I don't know about tuxes, but if your guys want suits then tell them to check out a Joseph A. Bank sale (which they have all the time) - but don't pay full price there. I don't know anything about men's attire, but FI says you can get a pretty decent suit to keep, for about the same as you'd pay for a tux rental.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• NEW NATALIE'S BRIDALS. They have amazing quality gowns and prices. Even a $500 and under wedding dress rack!!! very affordable brides maids dresses And they do tuxedo rentals as well!
  • We had a good experience with Anyas -- ask for Meredith. Tuxes we used Celebrate Tuxedos in Peachtree City -- they actually came to us for the meetings and picked up the tuxes from the venue afterwards. AND they were VERY affordable.
  • We checked out those suit-sales (J.A. Bank is now owned by MensWearhouse) and the price didn't include alterations, which, we found out, is how they make their money back by having a sale. Sorry, but we've been told untruths by MW and don't recommend them to anybody.

I've heard good things about New Natalies, but I've read horror stories about dress places that also do tuxes on the side.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards