Budget Weddings Forum

polaroid photo guestbook

I like the idea of doing the guest books where the polaroid camera is at the table and they can take pic of themself and put it in the guestbook. I have a fujifilm instax mini but my concern is that something will happen to the camera and it is my favorite. I just dont want it to accidentally break or something and i dont have the budget to buy a different one just for the wedding. Also the camera only holds 10 films at a time so it would have to be changed pretty frequent

Re: polaroid photo guestbook

• JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
     I think if I were to go the polaroid route, (which is an awesome/unique idea), I would hire someone to do a few hours of pictures, for your guests, with the camera. I wouldn't have it passed around throughout the reception for guests to use, as I would also be worried something would happen to it. Not to mention, it runs out of film, and someone just sticks it somewhere, & you don't get all of your guests photos. If you hire someone, you would just buy the correct amount of film, and not worry about it. You won't have guests missed, issues with refilling the film, or taking multiple pictures because they didn't like how they looked in the one they took, or something, etc. This would be the route I'd take! :)

*J
  • I like the idea of doing the guest books where the polaroid camera is at the table and they can take pic of themself and put it in the guestbook. I have a fujifilm instax mini but my concern is that something will happen to the camera and it is my favorite. I just dont want it to accidentally break or something and i dont have the budget to buy a different one just for the wedding. Also the camera only holds 10 films at a time so it would have to be changed pretty frequent
    The bolded is why I wouldn't do this.  Polaroid cameras are not common anymore, and I'm sure you won't be at the guestbook to change the film. 
  • I did the polaroid guest book with the Fuji Instax Mini and it worked out great. We pretty much left people to fend for themselves with the picture taking.  We have some selfies (which the Instax is pretty good at) and some where people had other guests take the photo.  And in the Instax, replacing the film is fairly simple (just pull out the empty box and put in the new one), and everyone at my wedding was able to figure it out.  Although Polaroid cameras are unfamiliar territory these days, that camera is pretty self explanatory and easy to use.  I did stop by the table a few times when there were groups of people over there to make sure it was going good and everything was fine each time. 

The only issue that came up is that I had placed photo mounting corner in the book already and several people to the picture with the other orientation.  So some retook their picture and some just put it in the book sideways. So, I might suggest some adhesion method that doesn't leave the orientation preset.

• I agree with the PPs. I think you're likely to end up with a broken camera, tons of pictures of a few people and none of the majority, and lots of problems.

Hiring a photographer and creating some frame-like props might be a lot easier.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards