Snarky Brides

Breathe

The next person who tells me to breathe is getting punched in the face!

I also keep getting asked if I am nervous, to which I don't know how to answer. I am nervous, but not about FI. I have been planning this thing all by myself for 2 years and in 7 days it is all gonna happen. I can't help feel like I forgot something....

"You must be nervous, its okay. Just breathe and everything will be fine."
"Just breathe, your wedding will be beautiful"
 Fist, meet face.

Re: Breathe

• When I was 7 days out, I decided that unless something major was forgotten, I gave no fucks.  The only thing that made me tense was making sure the RD went well, because it was an open house for all of our guests, at our home.  I was stressing about having enough food.  We did, and we had left overs!

Just go over your check list a couple of times to make sure.  It will all be fine, I promise.

Wine helps.  But don't Just Breathe and Drink at the same moment, because: it stings, makes you choke and could be messy.
  • When I was 7 days out, I decided that unless something major was forgotten, I gave no fucks.  The only thing that made me tense was making sure the RD went well, because it was an open house for all of our guests, at our home.  I was stressing about having enough food.  We did, and we had left overs!

Just go over your check list a couple of times to make sure.  It will all be fine, I promise.

Wine helps.  But don't Just Breathe and Drink at the same moment, because: it stings, makes you choke and could be messy.
    @Lizzieyounce
    yes it does lol. That's the last ting I need right? Cleaning wine out of my carpet.

• How about this instead, then: Congrats and have a great time at your wedding.  I'm sure everything will be amazing.

• Wine helps.  But don't Just Breathe and Drink at the same moment, because: it stings, makes you choke and could be messy.
    This made me laugh OUT LOUD... was skimming the board at work and I'm with OP, sick of being told to breathe.  Want to say...don't worry... if I turn blue and pass out I'll take your advice but last I checked I was breathing already. Geez. Haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hated being asked if I was getting nervous.  Why in the world would I be nervous?  I was excited and happy but not even close to be nervous.

• I think all these people mean well as frustrating as it can be, I HATE seeing brides getting all worked up before the wedding, I did a little bit, and looking back I wish I never got all worked up. My day was great - plenty of little mistakes happened - but I married my husband and that's all I really wanted!

So I try to tell brides to calm down without sounding condensending. So I don't say "just breath" but remind them the purpose of the day and how happy they will be!

Anniversary
  • Yay!  It is so close!  

You got this shizz under control.  And you've been breathing since the day you were born so I'm pretty sure that's under control too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thanks ladies!
  • I FEEL YOU, OP.  My wedding is 1 month from Wednesday, and everyone keeps saying "ooh, are you getting nervous?", "just remember, everything will be fine", "don't be nervous, it will be great", yadda yadda.  People assume that I'm stressed, and I'm so not stressed.  (Ask me in another 10 days, maybe I will be.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards