Hawaii

Small Maui ceremony help- Four Seasons, Grand Wailea, or Sugarman

We are having "small" ceremony of just our blending families that include 6 kids (yes we are the Brady Bunch) in ages 10-19. There is a slight chance of a few additional guests but do not really see us exceeding 15-20. So here are our priorities: 1. we want it to be easy! I know, who doesn't- but seriously, we live hectic lives and time/stress are major factors. That is partially why we are leaning towards Seasons, is because we know we can pretty well hand over the reigns to them and just show up. 2. Location! While the FS is gorgeous, I'm a little unsure of some of the wedding sites. Online they list Plumeria Point, Plumeria, Garden, Ocean Front Lawn. Most of them are so garden oriented, it seems the beach factor is lost. I also do not wish to have a lot of hotel type background such as railings, sliding doors etc. I want beach but distinct Hawaii with a little mountain/tropical veg background. Therefore despite it being marketed to larger parties, am considering ocean lawn- but still worried a bit it won't be enough beach. The contracts also include Wailea Beach as an option but with no other detail or pics online, I'm a little confused. How would you say GW compares in these aspects? Sugarman seems gorgeous but is it silly to go from one site to another and is it rainier in that area? 3. Privacy- we've all seen the horrible photobombs of resort weddings. Enough said. I also don't care to have 3 other weddings around me or to be a cattle call. I'm a little concerned GW while gorgeous has zoo potential with the waterpark atmosphere. Initially we were booking a 2br connecting to a 1 br at FS the whole week but for now am considering just doing that 3 days (if we do the ceremony at FS) and 3br villa the rest of the time to trim costs a bit and give us a taste of both resorts, as well as bring us together as a family. Bless you if you stuck with me this far.

Re: Small Maui ceremony help- Four Seasons, Grand Wailea, or Sugarman

• Perhaps you can contact the hotels and they can give you a bit more information.  I would ask them about the beach setting and privacy.  I think they are completely valid questions and those hotels should have a coordinator that can give you those answers.
    We are having about 30 people and opted for Olowalu Plantation House for ours because of those concerns.  
    Good luck

• I had a beach wedding in March on Ulua beach (just north of Wailea beach). We were debating between Wailea beach and Ulua beach and our coordinator recommended Ulua because it is less busy than Wailea beach. We stayed at the Marriott and I worked with Tracy from a Dream Wedding Maui Style to coordinate all of the beach permits needed for the ceremony. We had 19 guests. We had a sunset ceremony and had no issues with people walking through the ceremony, everyone was very respectful. After the ceremony we headed back up to the Marriott for dinner. Everything went perfectly.  
  • A wedding coordinator or day-of coordinator can also help you with choosing a location.  The one thing I will say about Sugarman is that the lawn is HUGE and although it's very private, it would seem that a small wedding would be dwarfed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards