California-San Diego

Rehearsal dinners?

I'm trying to think of fun places to host a rehearsal dinner.  I would like to stay away from a formal sit down thing at a restaurant.  Originally I wanted to do it on a Hornblowers harbor cruise, but those run about $85 a person, so that's a lot more than I wanted to spend! 

It will probably be for 30-40 people.  We're getting married at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina, so somewhere close to that would be ideal since I don't know if everybody will rent cars or not.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: Rehearsal dinners?

• SheliaPierceSheliaPierce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi Ally - Congrats btw! 
    So if your group is fun-loving with a side of thick skin: D*ck's Last Resort is actually a burger/fries kind of place - but its ridiculously hilarious if you are looking for inexpensive, fun and outdoors.  Now if that's just below your tastes/expectations, I also suggest Casa Guadalajara in Old Town, The Prado at Balboa Park, or even Tin Fish in the Gaslamp...just ideas.

Good luck!
    Shelia

• AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Sheila--I'll look into those!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • SheliaPierceSheliaPierce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ally,

I just got back from JWok in downtown San Diego (take-out), but I was looking around and realized that they had just renovated their place. I dont know if you like Asian Fusion/Modern Mix or have even been there before - but I asked, and you can rent the restaurant out for events!  I dont know if you've found a place to book your rehearsal dinner  (or even if you think your family/friends all like Asian); but its near the gaslamp quarter and there's parking just across the street!

Shelia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards