Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Seeking Alterations/Seamstress Recommendations!

I am still looking for a good seamstress/tailor to work some magic on my wedding gown. I had to order two sizes too big for my top half because I have a big ol' booty, and of course THAT had to fit. So, the top of my dress will need some major work done.

Innocent

Has anyone had an especially good experience with any alterations in the area? I'd really appreciate your feedback.
Anniversary

Re: Seeking Alterations/Seamstress Recommendations!

• Options
    ceruiz9ceruiz9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know where you live but I am using Ms. Peggy from Sew Sweet Alterations in Prairieville! She is highly recommended by the owner of the bridal store I got my dress from. I met her Saturday when I picked up my dress and she is extremely nice and will let you know how soon she needs your dress to have it ready for your bridals! I left her card at my mom's house but I will call her first thing in the morning and get the number if you'd like!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Danny at the Golden Needle on Florida Blvd. is doing my dress.  I went this past Saturday and he is doing a bustle, taking in the top and fixing the zipper.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sewing by Jan.  She came highly recommended by the dress shop I got my dress.  Her name is Jan Young and her number is 225-755-1080
  • Options
    melissalyn05melissalyn05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also highly recommend Danny at The Golden Needle on Florida Blvd.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I am still waiting for my (second*) dress to arrive, so I'm open to any more ideas!

*(My consultant ordered my first dress two sizes too small. They're rushing me another, but it's been two weeks and I'm getting a little antsy!)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    JannaD2004JannaD2004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this message may be too late for you, but I just wanted to tell you my experience with Ms. Peggy.  Debbie's Bridal suggested Ms. Peggy, and I decided to let her fix my dress.  It was hard to get in touch with her, and when I did she kept changing my appointment.  When I finally got to meet her she was very nice and seemed very professional; however I was wrong.  Essentially, my dress needed to be hemmed at the bottom, some fixed beading, a new hook and eye, and also needed to be steamed.  She told me for everything it was going to be $95 which is a good deal, and be ready in 2 weeks the day before my bridals.  So I called Ms. Peggy two days before I was scheduled to pick it up; when she answered she told me to call her back later that day.  When I called her back she did not answer, then I called her again a few hours later and just left a voicemail.  The next day I started to freak out because my bridals were the next day, and she didn't call me back!  So, I decided to call her around 9 that morning she answered and told me to come pick it up around 11 that morning.  So I arrived at 11, she told me everything was complete, when I asked her did she steam it - she said no and that she didn't have time!  What I didn't understand is that she knew the day before that I was wanting to pick it up, and also she spoke to me 2 hours earlier and knew I was coming to get it - how come she didn't have time to steam it?!  She blamed her health probs for not steaming, and sent me back to Debbie's to see if they'd steam it; they did but of course gave me grief because it was last notice.  I explained to them how they suggested her, and that it was her fault and not mine.  I also told them that I really appreciated what they were doing for me, but they need to be cautious in suggesting someone like her.  The next day when I went to put on my dress before the bridals I noticed she did not fix all of the beading, next when my friend went to zip up my dress she noticed it did not have a hook and eye.  Needless to say I freaked out, my dress wouldn't stay up!  So all in all, I'm sure Ms. Peggy does good work, but not for me!  I don't know what happened and why she decided to take advantage of me and not do any of the things for which she charged me for.  I do not recommend her!
  • Options
    Hello all.........I am a local fashion desiger who offers alterations for your convience please look me up web page:  www.eccouture.com, facebook:  emilytran or call direct 504-352-5169  I currently work partime at a local bridal salon and do most of my work homebase...thanks so  much and looking forward to serving all bridals in baton rouge, louisiana...  : )))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards