New Jersey
Options

In-person meetings with vendors

Do i have to meet them all in person!? I really don't have that luxury of time to meet say 3-4 vendors for each piece of the wedding (florist, DJ, photog, officiant etc.) I do a ton of online research before i even reach out to folks. 

Has anyone booked without meeting your vendor first?

Re: In-person meetings with vendors

• Options
    We met with everyone, but friends of us live by us but got married in Maryland where they grew up and their families live.  Other than the venue, they hired all of their vendors without ever meeting them prior to the wedding day.  The day turned out beautifully and they were very happy with how it all turned out.  So yes, it can be done.
  • Options
    It's not absolutely necessary. If you can schedule a phone call or skype, that should be fine. 

I met every possible vendor before hand except for our photobooth people, who we communicated with via email. I met in person with florists at their studios (all seven of them!), but all our other vendors came and met with us either at home or nearby. We ended up meeting with 2 officiants, 2 photogs, and 1 DJ.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ideally i'd love to meet with everyone in person. i think i do my best negotiating face to face haha! i guess i'll have to trust my fellow knotties and my researching skills. 
  • Options
    amt6amt6 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

We live in CT and are planning a NJ wedding. While we would love to meet with everyone in person, it's just not feasible. We met with 2 photographers and skyped with 2 others. We actually picked one of the ones we skyped with without meeting them. We will meet them eventually (when we do our engagement pictures), but to me, getting a feel for their personalities and looking at their work online was more than sufficient.

Music is different - I refuse to book a band without seeing them play first. So we have made two trips to NJ, during the week (ugh!), to listen to bands play showcases and will continue to do so until we book.

I also plan to meet face to face with an officiant before booking, but have narrowed it down by talking to them on the phone.

Haven't gotten to flowers yet - not sure how we will approach that one!

Good luck!

• Options
    good luck to you too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards