Snarky Brides
Options

In Sickness, Health, and The Moments I Want to Punch You in the Junk: Honest Wedding Vows

hechasehechase member
First Comment
edited August 2014 in Snarky Brides
Thought this might add some laughter to all the stress!

We all know we've made this face before:

Re: In Sickness, Health, and The Moments I Want to Punch You in the Junk: Honest Wedding Vows

• Options
    When I read the title of your post I started laughing because I wrote my own vows, and they sound similar.
  • Options
    That's awesome!  I love hearing more brides who know what they are really signing up for!
  • Options
     Just made me chuckle.... So very true.
  • Options
    Thanks for reading!  It's funny how many of us can relate!
  • Options
    I think I may use the last paragraph in my wedding vows!
  • Options
    Please let me know if you do!  I would absolutely Love that! 
  • Options
    OMG just read this and laughed hysterically - thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks for reading it!  And for taking the time to write back!  I appreciate it!
  • Options
    This literally describes my FI and I perfectly, I was cracking up the entire time I was reading.
  • Options
    You aren't alone!  It's amazing how many women have been able to relate.  
  • Options
    I'm curious.. what would you think if you actually heard someone say things similar to this? I would totally side eye them. I don't think a ceremony is the place for that kind of content. 
  • Options
    It would completely depend on the couple.  I do believe that there are couples who would almost be expected to have something humorous and unique.  I don't think every ceremony has to be a certain presentation, if a couple felt that similar content most closely represented their relationship, I'm pretty sure their audience would be familiar with them enough to enjoy it.  
  • Options
    I guess I'm alone on this opinion, but I don't really find this funny. IMHO, if you are jealous, immature, and can't speak up and say what's actually on your mind then you probably aren't ready to be married. Bringing up things that happened in the past to throw in your partner's face when you're mad, being jealous of other females he speaks to, and expecting him to read your mind when you need something are not signs of a healthy relationship. 

I realize this was just for a joke, but I would seriously side eye anyone who said these things in wedding vows. I would think they were too immature to be married. Adults shouldn't be acting like that.
  • Options
    Well I appreciate you reading, and I'm more than open to the fact that everyone has different opinions.  I've been happily married for 7 years, the post was more of a humorous way to address some of the struggles and situations that have come up in our own marriage, that I've also noticed other couples deal with.  I'm in no way glorifying any of these acts, and I definitely agree communication is the key!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards