New Jersey - South
Options

Help Finding a Venue

Hi everyone, I am looking for a venue that can accommodate an outside ceremony with the changing fall leaves as the backdrop, an indoor reception for around 200 people, and a nearby hotel (potentially with shuttle service). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The more affordable the better! I'm yet to make an actual budget. Thank you for any advice!

Re: Help Finding a Venue

• Options

You should try to make your budget first.  It will tell you how many guests you can properly host.  While you may want 200 guests, your budget may only allow for 125. 

I recommend making your potential guest list first, save room for anyone truly single now to potentially have a SO by your wedding.  Then calculate how much money you can practically save before your prospective wedding date.  Take that amount and use TK's budgetor tool (don't use the others - they don't work that great!).  It will help you allocate your money and help stick to a budget.  It will tell you the amount you should spend on each wedding item. 

It would also help if you can let us know what county you are looking in.  I had my reception at Brigalias in Sicklerville.  Your money will stretch there since they include so much with your package.  They have beautiful grounds there too.  But are not that close to a hotel.  Scotland Run in Washington Twp also can allow outside ceremonies, but I don't know their costs.  I think Auletto's in Deptford can do outside ceremonies.  They were a top contendor when planning my wedding, but we went with Brigalias instead with no regrets!  There are a few hotels nearby.  Lastly Valleybrook golf course, I think allows outside ceremonies.  My BIL had his reception there (church ceremony).  It was very nice, just don't order the chocolate fountain - it was not very good chocolate and BIL still says how it was a waste of money!  There aren't too many hotels nearby that I can think of.

• Options
    bride2b101015bride2b101015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I attended a wedding at Crystal Springs Resort in Hamburg, NJ. Outdoor ceremony with beautiful mountains, indoor reception, and shuttle services to the opposite end of the resort for a hotel.
  • Options
    bride2b101015bride2b101015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    Have you thought about going to any bridal shows? I know when I first got engaged I went to a bunch and it helped me see a lot of venues and even meet vendors. I think the fall season is when they start which is perfect since you are looking for a fall wedding! Here is one I found... http://www.rocktheaislebridal.com/bridalshowsnj
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards