Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 7/27

What vendor have you put the most time into researching so far?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/27

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We definitely spent the most time looking into reception halls.  I looked online and through the phonebook for places to look into.  I had a list of probably 25 places that I called- many that I ruled out right away because of size and/or costs.  We actually went and looked at and sat down and talked to people with about 6 places.

This was probably the most important thing to us, so it makes sense that we put a lot of time into searching for a hall.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The photographer.  We researched, met and talked with so many.  The pricing had to be low enough, but they still had to be the best - but I wanted to mesh perfectly with them.  It was a very stressful time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The caterer I spent the most time running the numbers on.  I had it narrowed down to a couple of caterers, then I picked one I liked better. Then I had to determine the difference in packages within the caterer. I spent a lot of time digging into those differences, writing out math equations to get price differences... "Are chair covers worth $300?  What about hot appetizers vs cold appetizers?"  It's good thing i like math...

The photographer I probably spent the most time on though.  My MOH is an art teacher major with a minor in photography at BGSU, so whenever I'd see someone's work I liked, I'd have to go over it with her.  I found one that I thought I was going to hire, but he made me feel a little creeped out when I talked to him on the phone.  So I nixxed that, and had to start all over.  I think I looked at 30 photographers' websites before I decided on one that met mine and my MOH's standards.  And that was almost nixxed because they forgot to send me a contract... I hope these pictures are worth it! lol
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably florists.   Flowers weren't even all that important to me, but I knew I wanted someone who could do a good job at a reasonable price.  I was sooo happy to finally find Sharry!  We checked out several reception halls too, so I guess that would be second in line. :)

We already had great recs for a photographer and DJ, so we didn't do much searching for those.  Tried a couple of cake places, but once we found Kristy we knew she was the one.  
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    I would say reception hall.  I'm still not 100% happy with it, but there's nothing I can do at this point about it.  I'm not necessarily unhappy about the hall and the facilities itself, but I do not like the woman who runs it and how she treats me like garbage everytime I talk to her and she is very snotty...so that's what I don't like about it.  It's enough to me to ruin the reception hall though.
  • edited December 2011
    I def spent the most time on the Caterer. We got to a very stressful point running numbers and almost did not have food at all bc of it...
    Then while at work one day -- my FI's cousin told him about the caterer they are using for their June wedding. He told FI to call me and tell me to look them up right away bc they only paid 8.50/person.

Turns out it was the best decision I have made thus far. My whole catering bill for 150 ppl (2 meats, potato, veggie, salad, bread coffee & tea station, veggie tray, bar snacks, 150 Candy apples, 150 handmade buckeyes, 150 chocolate strawberries, a champagne fountain, cake service, and all the set up they offer came to about $1800.00!!!!!

I buying my own alcohol and tipping a good friend to bartend -- $450.00 max. The hall was $720.00 i still have to grab the table cloths and rentals  --- The whole reception is under $3,500.00.

It was alot of extra work to do it all yourself. But you can save a TON of money. It will be exausting. But hopefully it will all work out beautifully.Laughing
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    photographers and dj.   we knew what we wanted in a photographer(all day coverage, releases rights to the pics, etc) and had it down to 2 before going with new image.    we also had the dj down to 2 before going with ultimate nights.  i wanted a dj who was going to listen to what we wanted and they were the best choice.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-727?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:33d4f2e7-4371-46ea-b49f-901a66be8730Post:940c52b5-6bb8-4f3c-ac44-b4d592b85dc0">Re: QOTD 7/27</a>:
    [QUOTE]photographers and dj.   we knew what we wanted in a photographer(all day coverage, releases rights to the pics, etc) and had it down to 2 before going with new image.    we also had the dj down to 2 before going with ultimate nights.  i wanted a dj who was going to listen to what we wanted and they were the best choice.
    Posted by k22t[/QUOTE]

I booked New Image also.  How did you like their work?  Would you say it was a good choice going with them?
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Either reception hall or the cake.  Reception hall took a while because there are so many places to choose from.  And it was hard to find a reasonably priced cake that didn't look like it was straight out of 1985.
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bridesmaid dresses...I have looked at them for a long time.  I have looked at department stores, online, bridal shops, everywhere.  I still haven't made up my mind on where I am getting them.  I am going to be buyin all of my girls' dresses for them so I want the best deal possible.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards