Ohio-Columbus

Rustic/ Barn Wedding Southern Ohio

edited August 2014 in Ohio-Columbus
Hi ya'll, Me and my fiancé are getting married on sept 12 2015. and my family is from ashland ky and none of my family is willing to travel and so i am looking for a barn/ rustic feel wedding and reception venue that allows alcohol near south eastern ohio. we are paying for the wedding ourselves so we are on a 10,000 budget for overall. not including my dress budget. please help me. i am 2.5 hours away from ashland and so i am practically being forced to have it somewhere i don't want it cause if it was up to me i would be having my wedding in Lancaster OH which is only 30 mins from us. But please help.
thanks, Heather

Re: Rustic/ Barn Wedding Southern Ohio

• I'm originally from Ironton, so I know the area, but I'm not aware of any barn type venues.  The only thing that immediately came to mind are the shelter houses at Vesuvius Lake, but I don't know about the alcohol part.

I found this in Proctorville (across the river from Huntington):  http://twincreeksfarms.com/

The Heritage Farm Museum in Huntingon might work...  http://www.heritagefarmmuseum.com/pages/aa-weddings.html

Good luck with the search!  I found these links within 10 minutes of online searching, so just keep changing the search terms and you might find more.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Why are you being forced to have the wedding in Southeastern Ohio? What;s wrong with Lancaster? There are some fabulous place there. If you & FI are paying for the wedding by yourself you should plan the wedding you want to have. When you say "none" - does that include your parents? You might check the WV board too and ask about the Huntington area - http://forums.theknot.com/categories/local-wedding-boards_west-virginia GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• You could also try the Kentucky board too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks y'all. like no one beside my mom and dad and my sister are willing to travel 2 and some hours to a wedding. the rest of my family are saying they do not want to travel just for a wedding its not worth the time. when to me its like saying my wedding aint important. my mom told me about those places but i just can't see my wedding at those places because i have to have it somewhere i don't want to.
  • edited August 2014
    thanks y'all. like no one beside my mom and dad and my sister are willing to travel 2 and some hours to a wedding. the rest of my family are saying they do not want to travel just for a wedding its not worth the time. when to me its like saying my wedding aint important. my mom told me about those places but i just can't see my wedding at those places because i have to have it somewhere i don't want to.
    If people weren't willing to drive 2 hours to my wedding so that I could have in the area that I lived in, then I would miss them on my wedding day. You are not desiring to have a destination wedding that could be costly and inconvenient - you just want to get married within 30 mins of where you live. You are not being rude or insensitive.

I would plan the wedding in Lancaster and invite everyone. The people who really care about you will come and the rest - well do you really need people at your wedding who are more concerned about 2.5 hours of driving then being there to watch you and your FI unite in holy matrimony.

That or elope. Save the money and run away to some fabulous location just the two of you. 

I'm sorry your families are making being so difficult and incredibly rude. They are being jerks and you are sadly correct, they are suggesting you aren't worth a 2.5 hour drive - HOW RUDE! 

I'd call their bluff...I think many of them will make the drive - they just hope you will cave and they won't have to...
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Check the Cincinnati board, I think there is a sticky up at the top of barns in the area for weddings. Just outside Wasgington Court house Ohio is the pine lodge, but that may not be close enough for your family either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards