Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Makeup for engagement pictures?

I never wear makeup so i really dont know if i do it well or not but i feel like everytime i try when i see it in photos it looks not good. So i dont know if i should risk doing it myself or go to a professional like at herbergers or pennys. I want it to look very natural though since they are engagement photos and i dont really wear makeup. If i do it by myself can anyone recommend what is a good foundation that i wont break out and looks good in photos? Also i only put mascara and light eye shadow with no eyeliner but my eyes looked so black it almost looked i got punched or something lol. any suggestions would be really helpful

Re: Makeup for engagement pictures?

• Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I agree you want to look like yourself for your photots. If you never wear make-up, why do you want them in the engagement photos? If you are determined to do so, why not check out Penny's or Sephora or whatever and have them suggest a few items and show you how to use them. You'll have the make-up if you want to use it later. You can very specifically say that you don't want black or dark eyes and you want a clean, natural look.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I would recommend a consultation with someone at Sephora or MAC.  From what you are saying it sounds like you want to look like yourself, just with a little something extra.  If you tell them that, then they can help you with products that will help with that and also ones that will be photo friendly.  I would suggest having a makeup trial (if you have time before your pictures) with someone at Sephora or MAC that way you can learn how they apply the products, and even better, how they will look on you.  I know that at MAC a makeup application is free with the purchase of one of the products used, but I'm not sure about Sephora.
  • Options
    I agree with the PPs, and would also like to add that you should stick to lighter or more natural colors, especially if you don't want "black eyes"! You could try a brown or gray eye liner pencil, and just make a light line just below/along your bottom eyelashes (NOT on the inner rim of your lower eyelid). A brown or gray mascara and then a peach or light pink blush should be about all you need.
  • Options
    The "natural" look is really in right now so I would just find a nice eyeshadow for your eye color. Either a light brown or a brown-pink color. Just make sure you don't go too much in either direction. And when you pick a shade for your blush use the old trick of pinching your cheeks to check what is your natural shade then doesn't go over board with it. 

Finally I would either do a clear mascara, or if you don't feel like your eyelashes are long or thick enough, do one that is a lighter brown color. 

For lips either a simple clear gloss or a lipstick close to your natural lip tone, make sure to blot most of it off and that the edges aren't too defined. 

Here is a link to a guide if you have never really used make up before. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards