Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

"These Ruined Photos Will Make You Want to Have an Unplugged Wedding"

13»

Re: "These Ruined Photos Will Make You Want to Have an Unplugged Wedding"

• Options
    Regardless of the plugged or unplugged argument - I do have to say I've been in a wedding that Corey Ann photographed and she was great to work with and took wonderful photographs. I get everyone disagreeing with her articles - but just thought I'd lend the opinion that she is, from the experience I had, a wonderful photographer.
  • Options
    We had discussed letting everyone know that the photos the photographer would be taking would be made available to anyone who wanted them as digital files (since some photographers require that all pictures be ordered through them, and  this wasn't the case with our photographer).  We forgot though, and it really wasn't a big deal.  I love that both our grandmas were taking pictures with wind up film cameras.  There was one aunt who was all about pics and videos on her giant red iPad, which I thought was a bit odd.  Our photographer grabbed a great shot with the focus on her screen, which we all had a good laugh at later.

We got great shots from our pro, and I haven't seen much from anyone else's cameras, but I'm sure they're lovely too.
  • Options
    abbyj700 said:
    Regardless of the plugged or unplugged argument - I do have to say I've been in a wedding that Corey Ann photographed and she was great to work with and took wonderful photographs. I get everyone disagreeing with her articles - but just thought I'd lend the opinion that she is, from the experience I had, a wonderful photographer.
    So you mean to tell us that she is fully capable of shooting around guests and successfully dealing with all of the other issues that she likes to whine about in her article?

In which case she is merely serving as a mouthpiece for the wedding industry by promoting this "unplugged" wedding bullshit.  Her article is nothing more than a  poor attempt to scare couples into being rude to guests for fear that their very expensive photographer won't be able to capture the moments of their wedding that they are paying for.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    These are just shit pictures, and not because of the wedding not being "unplugged".
    Anniversary

• Options
    mrsjhodge said:
    There was one aunt who was all about pics and videos on her giant red iPad, which I thought was a bit odd.  
    Every time I see those, it looks like they're taking a picture with an Etch-a-Sketch.
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    I hate iPad photo-takers. I worked in tourism and tourists would hold these huge things up and block everyone's view. Why not buy a cheap camera or use your phone?

I have a work iPad now, and I can not fathom ever wanting to use it to take a photo!

ETA: totally agree with PPs who said this is a photographer problem if all your photos turn out like this.
  • Options
    PrettyGirlLost said: JellyBean52513 said: I got yelled at for being rude and offensive and I was scolded for my inappropriate actions re: calling out a total stranger on the internet. Then they blocked me before I could respond that the internet is a public place and you shouldn't allow your facebook friends to share your posts with everyone they know if you don't want to be open to public scrutiny. Boo. Wait, your FB friend blocked you for telling it like it is and calling out some rando friend of your friend?

Fuck that noise.
    Yep, she scolded me for coming at her friend, told me "you don't even know her, if you did you would know she's just joking, it's really rude and offensive to just go off on a stranger on the internet!" and then I was unfriended and blocked. It's all good lol I already know very well that people hate hearing the truth especially as it pertains to them.

• Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    @JellyBean52513 Totally threadjacking this but I'm like 100% positive that the post you commented on showed on my newsfeed!
  • Options
    abbyj700 said:
    So you mean to tell us that she is fully capable of shooting around guests and successfully dealing with all of the other issues that she likes to whine about in her article?

In which case she is merely serving as a mouthpiece for the wedding industry by promoting this "unplugged" wedding bullshit.  Her article is nothing more than a  poor attempt to scare couples into being rude to guests for fear that their very expensive photographer won't be able to capture the moments of their wedding that they are paying for.
    Yeah, I was going to say, if it's true that she's a good photographer, then that makes the article EVEN WORSE. Because she's lying through her damn teeth about it being impossible to get good shots when amateurs are using iPhones, and she's making herself look whiny and lazy, too. I don't actually see how it benefits her, actually. Very odd.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards