Illinois

Southwest suburban venues -- which is best?

Hi Knotties,

I'm looking to have my wedding in the southwest suburbs, and there are 7 venues that we're considering:
-DiNolfo's in Homer Glen
-DiNolfo's in Mokena
-DoubeTree in Alsip
-Hilton in Oak Lawn
-Odyssey Country Club in Orland Park
-Riviera Country Club in Orland Park
-Gaelic Park in Oak Forest

The groom and I live out of town (I grew up in the southwest Chicago suburbs), so we need as much info as we can get!  My family is based mostly in and around Hickory Hills/Palos Hills, IL.  We're looking to take tours and possibly book a venue next weekend when we're in town.

Has anyone had any experience with these venues?  Have other people out there considered these, and if so, why did you go with one over the others?  We're looking for a place that can accommodate about 200 people for cocktail hour and reception (possibly ceremony, as well) and that can be flexible with their wedding package offerings.  

Thanks to everyone taking a look at this!

Re: Southwest suburban venues -- which is best?

• I don't know about BEST because I haven't been to most of these, but my relative got pmarried at the Odyssey and her wedding was great. It was a beautiful venue and very nice
  • I know it's not on your list but the Orland Chateau is AMAZING. They are allowing us to bring in our own hor d'orves (sp?) for our cocktail hour free of charge and they'll serve them. Or you can have them make them for like $2.50 a person (super cheap compared to other places). They were also have a low deposit price and are flexible about everything.
  • All of the ones you mentioned are nice for weddings, I think Odyssey and DiNolfos HG are the nicest though in my opinion. I would stay away from Riviera but that is affordable. It just depends on your budget and what you are looking for in a wedding. I do believe that most if not all of your locations can host multiple weddings at one time though if that is a concern for you.  I also would look at Orland Chateau, and maybe look at the Belvedere Chateau as well - that is close to Hickory Hills. 
  • edited January 2015
    My cousin got married at Gaelic Park and the venue was featured on a wedding on Four Weddings on TLC. It was awful... They can make the ceremony site look nice but the surrounding area is ugly. They didn't treat us very well either, and we were actually pretty well behaved (I could understand bad treatment if we were acting like jerks). They wouldn't even let my uncle (father of the bride) purchase Jameson from their attached public bar to bring into their ceremony open bar because "that's the rule". Don't choose Gaelic.....
  • My co-worker got married at the Dinolfo's Homer Glen in September. It was nice enough, but they did not put the numbers on the tables before they let us in so no one knew where to sit and they had to scramble to fix it. The bar ALWAYS had a very long line, I don't know what the issue was. The food was decent. We could hear a LOT of what was going on in the next room though. It wouldn't be my first choice but it wasn't terrible. My BFF is getting married at the Dinolfo's Mokena in June so we will see how that goes,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The DoubleTree in Alsip has an amazing wedding package!!!! We think that's where we are going to go!!
  • We are getting married at CD & ME in Frankfort, IL. Pricey, but you get SO much included that it is ending up saving us money. The premium bar is included, linens, tables, chairs, security, clean up, no extra ceremony fee, the list goes on. It's such a beautiful place that you need very little decoration/flowers as well so we are saving money there, too!
  • I attended a wedding at the Odyssey Country Club in Orland Park. It was great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards