Chit Chat

I judge...

Re: I judge...

• I judge couponers. There's a woman on my FB feed who constantly posts her "hauls" of stuff like 30 bottles of fabric softener and 20 packs of Almay mascara. Kewl.
    OMG. YES! I just don't get why you need all that absurdity. Though I do think that soup kitchens should hire people to coupon for actual food items. 
    Yeah, the charitable couponers I'm all for. This woman constantly complains about her poor financial situation, how she hates everyone who takes their ability to buy nonessential stuff for granted blah blah blah and then will post a picture of her and her H out at dinner. I don't really care what you do with your own money, but stop complaining publicly about stuff that you do yourself!!!
  • I am Judgey Mcjudgerpants, but I'm mostly judging myself for being so judgmental. I'm trying to tell myself that as long as someone isn't hurting themselves or others (physically, mentally, or emotionally) then I need to let it slide. I say this because I have just been doing whatever the fuck I want while I'm sick! Lol
    Me, too, Jells. I keep asking myself why I think my way of doing things is the right way, but some of the things I judge......I just can't fathom myself being wrong about! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Feeling a little defensive... I'm lousy about hair and makeup. I suck at doing my hair so it's usually pulled back into a ponytail or bun. I wear makeup when I have something important but it's otherwise just lip gloss at my desk. I can't stand the feeling of it with all of the sunscreen the summer requires.

I judge myself for not checking the girls in the mirror before I left. This dress is looking wayyyy too low cut for work. My boss keeps telling me I like cute - though I think she just likes the necklace.

I judge FSIL for her kids. They were all over last night and cried over what I made for dinner (homemade pizza). Why? Because they only eat delivery pizza, McDonald's, or Easy Mac. WTF?

I judge our outside development company. They sent me over a ton of of long-overdue documentation and I judge how late it is-- and the fact that she typo'd her company's name in the footer.

**** SITB ****

Eat at your own damn home then.  Geez.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • kaos16 said:
    That reminds me of what happen to V yesterday. At our food lion they usually have these deals on the meats in the back. V went to get some wing drummets and he saw this woman put them all in her basket. It filled up the whole basket! Thanks a lot lady grr

ETA: I'm silly

Did you see the article a week or two ago that was all over the internet.  Some man was on line at Burger King and there was a super obnoxious kid behind him being a total douchecanoe to his mom while waiting because he wanted an apple pie.  The man found it to be so over the top and obnoxious that he bought all of the pies. Man, I hope it's a true story!
    I hope so too. That would be really funny. But we weren't brats, just broke college kids who want to eat real food!
  • I judge people who are always late. Yeah, how rude. Make everyone always wait for you. Like, nobody's time is important but yours.
    OMG, yes, so much!  I worked in an office with a girl who was always 5 minutes late.  Her attitude was, "It's only 5 minutes, who cares?"  But heaven forbid she had to stay 5 minutes late in the afternoon.  Suddenly 5 minutes was a huge deal!

• I judge people who are always late. Yeah, how rude. Make everyone always wait for you. Like, nobody's time is important but yours.
    good one.

Of course I'm the one who gets anxiety attacks if I even think I'm going to be late.   I'm the one who waits for things to start on time.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I judge couponers. There's a woman on my FB feed who constantly posts her "hauls" of stuff like 30 bottles of fabric softener and 20 packs of Almay mascara. Kewl.
    Between makeup and coupons, I'm feeling like a bit of a crazy person!

I coupon. I'm even pretty good at it. I never bring home 30 bottles of anything (well, almost never) but I do occasionally go crazy on stuff that will take forever to use. I do it to help save for our wedding and to cut down food costs. I also do a lot of it to supply FI's family. Most are on very tight incomes and I know that being able to provide them with cleaning and personal care products is a huge help. I'm the geeky FSIL who packed up 3 shopping bags of hair/body products, mascara, and cleaning products for FI's sister and she moved off to grad school.

There's no need for 30 bottles of fabric softener. In the few situations where I've gotten hauls like that (harder in my area), I end up depositing the majority of it at our local food bank. The ladies there love me after I once brought in 40 tubes of Great Lash mascara, a basket of nail polish, and 10 bottles of hair spray.

But I will say this- I'm extremely organized in stores and try to go at weird times when I'm not going to clog up lines.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @wandajune6   Do you regularly post pics of your hauls? Because that is the worst part of couponers for me. I don't need to see a pic of your loot every week. I get it. You bought a shit ton with $27.03.  Just like last week. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    Between makeup and coupons, I'm feeling like a bit of a crazy person!

I coupon. I'm even pretty good at it. I never bring home 30 bottles of anything (well, almost never) but I do occasionally go crazy on stuff that will take forever to use. I do it to help save for our wedding and to cut down food costs. I also do a lot of it to supply FI's family. Most are on very tight incomes and I know that being able to provide them with cleaning and personal care products is a huge help. I'm the geeky FSIL who packed up 3 shopping bags of hair/body products, mascara, and cleaning products for FI's sister and she moved off to grad school.

There's no need for 30 bottles of fabric softener. In the few situations where I've gotten hauls like that (harder in my area), I end up depositing the majority of it at our local food bank. The ladies there love me after I once brought in 40 tubes of Great Lash mascara, a basket of nail polish, and 10 bottles of hair spray.

But I will say this- I'm extremely organized in stores and try to go at weird times when I'm not going to clog up lines.

Yeah, I should have been more specific. I apologize. I mostly mean the people who buy tons of pershible or non-useful items. I've yet to see this woman come home with anything useful and I'd be shocked to find out she's donating her items.

And yeah, I'm all about people who want to use their cuoponing power for good so to speak. If you're good at couponing to get stuff you need in bulk that doesn't go bad, power to you. I'm the person who swings by the grocery store after work and feels lazy and dumb when they ask if I had any coupons that day.
  • I feel really bad guys! @Wandajune6 don't feel crazy!

To clarify my post, I was referring to a few people I work with that don't wear any makeup, don't do their hair, and dress sloppy. It's not just about makeup, it's about them looking presentable overall. So my apologies again if I offended anyone.

• AddieCake said:
    @wandajune6   Do you regularly post pics of your hauls? Because that is the worst part of couponers for me. I don't need to see a pic of your loot every week. I get it. You bought a shit ton with $27.03.  Just like last week. 
    Point taken. I never post any of it. In fact, most of my friends have no idea.
  • LizzieyounceLizzieyounce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I coupon, too.  My husband is a cop and I'm a full time nursing student.  We have two kids, one in college and one starting high school. When toilet paper and paper towels go on sale I buy lots of them, same with deodorant, toothpaste, laundry detergent etc. The savings allow me to buy more fresh produce and organics.  Paper products are so pricey and don't even get me started on dairy!!

My favorite thing to do is to buy several bottles of nice bath gel, fragrance, crayons, school supplies, soap, baby supplies and deodorant. These I donate to the battered women's shelter.  After Christmas sales are awesome for fragrance gift sets!  At CVS I use ECB's and the manager will often knock off 10% on top of that because they're going to the shelter. I also buy neutral shades of eye make up etc.  Sometimes it's the little things like perfume or a nice lip color that can give a little boost of confidence to a woman who is starting her life over.

(But I am rather proud of my toilet paper and sanitary napkin stockpile, lol)
  • This will probably make me sound like a huge b**** but I judge some of my co-workers that come to the office with no makeup on and nothing in their hair. I mean, why not just try a little?!
    You are right on how that makes you sound. I don't wear makeup, it doesn't mean I'm not trying. It means I don't waste my time with superficial shit. I dress professional/nice, my nails are always done and I wear appropriately nice jewelry. It also is because I can lose respect of my co-workers for being too feminine. I'm an engineer, one of twenty guys. It also doesn't fucking change the way I do my job. And guess what, my mom never showed me how to put on makeup because we both have allergies to most eye makeup. Oh, and I don't need some stuck up snot saying that I'm not fucking good enough because I don't follow her superficial standards. Oh and I guarantee that no makeup looks better than too much makeup. Half the time I bike to work, so I change there. Not ideal for makeup. There are plenty of valid reasons for not wearing makeup that range from insecurity to not giving a fuck. All are valid choices on the modern world. Shit, did you know women can vote? Is that okay with you? And someone FI and I vote differently, are you ok with that too?

This is uncalled for. You are taking what I said out of context. I have already apologized multiple times if I offended anyone.

• @beachyone15 Way to go. Now everybody hates you, and I have to pretend we didn't get married at the same place. ;)

• I feel really bad guys! @Wandajune6 don't feel crazy!

To clarify my post, I was referring to a few people I work with that don't wear any makeup, don't do their hair, and dress sloppy. It's not just about makeup, it's about them looking presentable overall. So my apologies again if I offended anyone.
    I think it was the idea that a woman has to have makeup and hair done to look presentable at work that irked people (especially because most men do neither of those things for work).

My sister is the youngest managing director at her consulting firm (who makes a shit ton more than I likely ever will) but for her to do anything more than let her hair airdry and slap on tinted moisturizer on an average work day is a miracle.

I get sloppy. There is a woman in our office who almost always has greasy hair and wears leggings as pants sometimes. But I don't think hair in ponytail and no makeup equals sloppy.
  • I judge crappy parents who allow their children to bitch and whine and shriek in public, and then give them what they want. Uhm, great lesson there, dumbass. 

I also judge people who say they can't stand kids, because they scream and whine all the time. Why don't you judge your friends and family instead, for being shitty parents? 

I judge the fuck out of all the stupid people on Facebook judging Robin Williams for being "selfish." One out of four manic depressive people attempt suicide. He died from an illness, and yes, mental illness is a real illness. So educate yourself or shut up.

I judge crappy drivers.

I judge crappy customer service. If you don't want to help, get another job.

I judge people who pick their noses in their cars. You do realize I can see in the windows you see out of, right? Stop grossing me out.

I judge people who say stupid things about "old people." If you're lucky, you're going to be one. Newsflash: the longer you live, the more you learn. I'm not getting stupider with age. 

I judge stinky people. Just take a damned shower and wash your clothes. 

• This will probably make me sound like a huge b**** but I judge some of my co-workers that come to the office with no makeup on and nothing in their hair. I mean, why not just try a little?!

You are right on how that makes you sound. I don't wear makeup, it doesn't mean I'm not trying. It means I don't waste my time with superficial shit. I dress professional/nice, my nails are always done and I wear appropriately nice jewelry.

It also is because I can lose respect of my co-workers for being too feminine. I'm an engineer, one of twenty guys. It also doesn't fucking change the way I do my job. And guess what, my mom never showed me how to put on makeup because we both have allergies to most eye makeup. Oh, and I don't need some stuck up snot saying that I'm not fucking good enough because I don't follow her superficial standards. Oh and I guarantee that no makeup looks better than too much makeup. Half the time I bike to work, so I change there. Not ideal for makeup.

There are plenty of valid reasons for not wearing makeup that range from insecurity to not giving a fuck. All are valid choices on the modern world. Shit, did you know women can vote? Is that okay with you? And someone FI and I vote differently, are you ok with that too?

This is uncalled for. You are taking what I said out of context. I have already apologized multiple times if I offended anyone.

Hmmm. Sorry, actually that was referring to someone in real life, not you. My bad on the wording of that sentence, didn't mean to imply you were the stuck up snot. I don't know if you are stuck up our a snot, but I do know that you came off as superficial. Clearly I quoted you before seeing your apologies, but shit I don't know how anyone would ever think that would come off well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I coupon, too.  My husband is a cop and I'm a full time nursing student.  We have two kids, one in college and one starting high school. When toilet paper and paper towels go on sale I buy lots of them, same with deodorant, toothpaste, laundry detergent etc. The savings allow me to buy more fresh produce and organics.  Paper products are so pricey and don't even get me started on dairy!!

My favorite thing to do is to buy several bottles of nice bath gel, fragrance, crayons, school supplies, soap, baby supplies and deodorant. These I donate to the battered women's shelter.  After Christmas sales are awesome for fragrance gift sets!  At CVS I use ECB's and the manager will often knock off 10% on top of that because they're going to the shelter. I also buy neutral shades of eye make up etc.  Sometimes it's the little things like perfume or a nice lip color that can give a little boost of confidence to a woman who is starting her life over.

(But I am rather proud of my toilet paper and sanitary napkin stockpile, lol)
    I take a similar approach.

On a more wedding note, I've gotten all of the stuff for kids bags and bathroom baskets for dirt cheap. I've spent more on the bags and baskets than anything else and I think I've done all of it for around $12. If any more people book hotel rooms I'll probably go crazy on the welcome bags too.

I go a little crazy on toothpaste, toilet paper, and paper towels too. I had no idea how much of that stuff we would use with a teen in the house!
  • I don't mind couponing, just something I never got into.  We didn't have them in the islands. Most stores didn't have sales either.     Living down there for so long it's just something I never thought of doing when I returned to the states.  

I'm pretty bad at looking for sales.  2-3 times a year I make a target run for toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo and other like items.   

MIL coupons and it drives DH nuts.  I guess she was embarrassing about them.  The only coupon he likes to use is the BB&B 20% ones.  He's all about them.  Any others ones he wants nothing to do with.   

BB&B is next to the Target which is 26 miles away.    We do one stop shopping.  We go, we conquer, we drive home.  If things are on sale, great.  If not, oh well.  There will never be a point where everything I need is on sale and I'm not driving that far to say a few bucks.  Not when gas is over $4 a gallon.

• I am serious cranky-pants today, so let's be judgy...

1) I judge the woman who lives on my street that has 3-4 cats and lets them go wherever they want. Once in a while she looses one, so she pushes her toddler in a stroller while smoking and 'tries' to find them. 
    2) I judge people that don't move over for people to merge on the highway if they can. 
    3) I judge myself for my serious lack of ambition today. 
    I feel cranky too. I'm judging our landlord, who always uses at least three exclamation points when thanking us for letting them show the suite. Every single time.

• I judge people who send 15 emails in 15 minutes to ask about a bunch of things individually, instead of putting them into one email. (I'm looking at YOU, FMIL!)

I judge people who don't use their freaking turn signals.

I judge people who wear shirts that are completely see-through to work or church. How did you not notice that your red bra is super obvious under that top?

I judge people who can't get anything done before noon. Oh wait, that's me! I have got to get my shit together.
    eyeroll
  • I'm judging myself for my serious lack of patience with the kids I nanny over the summer but really - the EIGHT yr old threw a full blown temper tantrum (kicking, crying, throwing himself on the floor, and sobbing hysterically) in the middle of the natural history museum because he was bored. Ya, no patience for that bullshit.

I judge my bosses for the fact that I have to be at work at 7 AM but mom-boss doesn't wake up until 9 AM at the earliest. Basically, she's too lazy to get out of bed in the AM (no, she doesn't work late hours). And also for the fact that they baby their children incessantly; hence, the 8 yr old throwing a temper tantrum.

And I judge girls who wear see through shirts with bright colored bras and/or tights and leggings with a top that doesn't cover their ass. No one wants to see that.
  • I judge my neighbor for allowing her children to run wild, scream/cry/beg for things they want, and just generally have no rules. 

True story example: I was having a conversation with her and her child was screaming about a popsicle; sobbing; and alternating between pulling on her clothes/arms, hitting her and throwing herself on the ground in a boneless tantrum. The mom acted like nothing was happening and like we were just having a normal conversation. Bizarre. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I judge myself for logging in and typing this instead of folding laundry.
    I seriously need to do laundry, too.  Crap.
  • I also judge the two brides whose weddings I attended (December & May) who have yet to write us a thank you note for my gift and for hosting their bachelorette parties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards