Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Photos on social media/privacy

2»

Re: Photos on social media/privacy

• Options
    tinkalf said:
    Seriously? We are definitely not worried about that happening. But highly public figures are under a lot of scrutiny - negative things will be written about them regardless of the merit of that criticism yes, but seeing as how these are my new extended family I was hoping to not have our event be another source of criticism that gets tossed at him. Which is actually a selfish mindset when I thought back on it. 

But as I've already said a few times, our concerns lasted for all of the amount of time it took to write them out for perspective's sake and we realize everything will be fine. I over worried for a moment, but now I'm not concerned really. Good times ahead.
    Politicians get negative criticism and they know how to deal with it. Their whole life is a public image. Treat him like any other guest.  He didn't specifically ask you for this, did he?  Not that it really changes much.  You still treat him respectfully like any other guest and host the reception well for everyone.  

• Options
    Is Bill Clinton attending? Don't worry, if it's a politician they will know what to do and how to behave. As mentioned, their entire life is about their image. They are likely used to people taking pictures of them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Are you planning on having Bob McDonnell at your wedding? Lol! I know he's been under a lot of pressure this week. Sorry a little Virginia humor!
    Hahahah. You win. Man, he sure is making the whole state look idiotic for electing him.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tinkalf said:
    Seriously? We are definitely not worried about that happening. But highly public figures are under a lot of scrutiny - negative things will be written about them regardless of the merit of that criticism yes, but seeing as how these are my new extended family I was hoping to not have our event be another source of criticism that gets tossed at him. Which is actually a selfish mindset when I thought back on it. 

But as I've already said a few times, our concerns lasted for all of the amount of time it took to write them out for perspective's sake and we realize everything will be fine. I over worried for a moment, but now I'm not concerned really. Good times ahead.
    Which is why highly public figures are used to ppl pulling shit out of their asses to defame them, and thus know how to behave in public in order to greatly limit the amount of "material" that could be used against them.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    tinkalf said:

Which is why highly public figures are used to ppl pulling shit out of their asses to defame them, and thus know how to behave in public in order to greatly limit the amount of "material" that could be used against them.
    And if they don't, the consequences are on them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards