Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Greeting guests

So we are doing WP pictures before our ceremony and family photos after. We will be visiting with our guests during cocktail hour for approximately 30-45 minutes. I'm not sure we will be able to greet and chat with all 120 people (well 97 not including wedding party) during cocktail hour so should we still do table visits during dinner? No receiving line as it won't really work well.

Re: Greeting guests

• Options
    Yup. You should still do table visits to ensure you thank everyone in person.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Yes, you need to make an effort to thank everyone.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Yes, table visits are in order!  We did that.  During cocktail hour, we just mingled with everyone and ate and drank (and had a great time!).  We made no conscious effort to thank everyone during that time and saved it for the table visits.
  • Options
    We had a similar setup. We had a buffet dinner and the b&b ate first. Once we were done eating, we did our table visits while our guests ate. Our DOC accompanied us to help make sure we didn't loose track of time.
  • Options
    Yes.   Do table visits too. 
  • Options
    Yes.  Table visits are always appropriate, especially when there won't be a receiving line.
  • Options
    Yes. You need to make an effort to talk to and thank all of your guests for attending. 
  • Options
    We did a receiving line and I still tried to stop by every table during the reception to talk to our guests, as did DH.  They came to be a part of a very important day for us and some traveled quite a distance to do so.  We wanted to do more than speak to each person for a second in the receiving line.

Our final guest tally was pretty close to what yours is.
  • Options
    As a wedding guest I would so much prefer table visits or cocktail hour visits to a receiving line. I find receiving lines to be very uncomfortable as a guest I have felt so much more welcome when the bride and/or groom made an effort to greet me in person for a personal conversation. I find receiving lines to be burdensome as a guest since I am suddenly expected to stand in a line (often with people I do not know) and slowly move forward and patiently wait my turn to awkwardly congratulate the bride and groom while on display in front of the entire rest of the line.  The order of your pictures, cocktail hour, and planned table visits sounds really nice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards