New York-Long Island
Options

quickie wedding at courthouse...Long Island...help!

My fiance are planning our wedding for April but want to tie the knot at the courthouse this week because we are expecting our first child at the end of the month and he really wants to have us legally married before our son is born. We just won't tell anyone and have our wedding in April, it will be our little secret! So I know about going to the town hall to get the license and then it's good 24 hours later...but do you get married at the same place? Is there another building that you have to go to? Do you have to make an appointment or can you just walk in? I've looked on the website and I see the marriage license information, but nothing on getting married at the "courthouse" or "town hall." Does anyone know?

Re: quickie wedding at courthouse...Long Island...help!

• Options
    Your wedding is the day you get married.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Which county do you live in? When you apply for the license and pay the fee, they should be able to tell you there. Usually you get married at the County Clerk's office which is in the same general area as the courthouse.
  • Options

We did the same thing for other reasons. We got married at Babylon Town hall. Got the license and then registered for the one day a week they do this They do about three or four wedings a once a week. They even provided the witness since it was a Thursday Morning and everybody was at work. The witness even video taped the short ceremony. It was really very nice and and there was no charge as they do this for town residents, just the License fee.  Good luck Our big celebration will be on the One year aniversary and we told most friends and family and all seem happy to celebart with us next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards