Texas-Austin

Affordable Officiants?!

Hi Austin brides! We are getting married on April 19, 2015 and we are looking for affordable officiants that will do a completely secular ceremony! I've been getting bids from a bunch of officants who are in the $250-$500 range and I just can't justify spending that much! It's a 30 minute ceremony that I want to write myself! I'm literally paying someone to stand for 30 minutes and read what I've written, maybe with some ad-libbing if they feel necessary. At this point, I'm willing to consider a friend who could do it for the open bar because these prices are ridiculous! Anyone find someone with more reasonable rates?? Thanks!

Re: Affordable Officiants?!

• I really liked our officiant.  It was a Christian ceremony (DH's ONLY request as he's religious and I am not).  We used Rev. Joe Calovic.  Charge was, as I recall, $150 for our ceremony.  He only requested we meet with him once prior to the ceremony to meet us, get to know us as a couple, discuss how we met and to sit down and outline the ceremony.  I'm not sure if he'll do vows written by someone else, but it's certainly worth talking to him about!

His website is: http://www.wedding-clergy.com/

Now, he does charge extra if you want to do a rehearsal.  We opted to skip it as we didn't want to, one, spend the money, but two, have to figure it out with Chapel Dulcinea's schedule, and three, just too much happening the night prior to our wedding. 

We both really liked him, and he's just a nice man and pleasant to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards