Plus-Sized

Spanx

I bought a pair of Assets Spanx type from eBay after having tried some on in Target. It is the high waisted panty that comes up to my bra line. The front fits GREAT and does it's job but the back rolls down and gives me a "back muffin top"! 

Anyone else have this problem? What did you do to remedy it?

Re: Spanx

• Can you pin it in place at the top?
  • I bought a pair of Assets Spanx type from eBay after having tried some on in Target. It is the high waisted panty that comes up to my bra line. The front fits GREAT and does it's job but the back rolls down and gives me a "back muffin top"! 

Anyone else have this problem? What did you do to remedy it?

If the back is rolling, it may not be the right size.   You may need to go up one size. 
  • I personally have had very little luck with any of that Spanx and Spanx-type stuff.  I carry most of my weight in my thighs and really need a product that goes all the way down to my knees.  Rare to find.  Otherwise, it ends up smoothng the tops of my thighs and then, where they end mid-thigh, it's huge "muffins" bulging out.  Looks absolutely horrid and completely the opposite of what those products are supposed to do.  I'm still boggled as to why companies who specifically make compression garments don't readily carry what I am talking about.  I know I am not the only woman with this problem, lol. 

Meh!  I ended up going with a Spanx skirt, so I at least got the smoothing the hips benefit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I keep my spanx in place by making sure to get the top of the spanx under my bra band.  It usually keeps it in place.  Try that.  It can't hurt. 
  • Ditto to the above. I always tuck my spanx into my bra band. Works every time. Although I'm a little peeved with the quality of spanx these days. I have one pair that's over 5 years old and it's still in great shape. The pair I bought 6 months ago is riddled with holes at the seams. It's obvious that they've changed the type of material they're made from and it is NOT a good change. Grrr
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What PPs said. I tuck it under my bra band all the way around and have no issues
  • I love the knickers but never tried a full one! A great idea to make me have that smoother finish in my wedding dress. Thanks guys x 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards