Favors

Honest opinions about these..

We're having a fall wedding (October 24th), so I'm trying to stick with autumnish type things. I was thinking about these maple leaf bottle openers. The reviews on the website say their fairly well made and not cheapy at all (I may put them in different packaging). Would you like this favor or just throw it out? 

Re: Honest opinions about these..

• We would probably use it.  DS keeps breaking/losing our bottle openers and DH has a beer several nights a week.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm on the fence. We have so many bottle openers because we have people over a lot, but I don't really like trinkets... The good part is that it's not engraved with your wedding date, initials, or anything personal. The bad part is what are you going to do with a bunch of bottle openers if everyone doesn't take one?

What about pumpkin spice cookies in the shape of a maple leaf? I would eat the shit out of that and pocket any left behind.
    *********************************************************************************

• I actually really like those. They're practical/functional and aren't specific to your wedding (no date or names listed) so people can use them in the future.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I would keep it but we don't drink too much that requires a bottle opener so it wouldn't be used much.
  • We have bottle openers galore in our house, so we'd probably use it (or at least keep it in our alcohol accessory drawer). 

But I'd still re-think it for wedding favors. What about maple candies or cookies or something? Edible is usually a win with everyone. These might be a win only with a few. 
  • PDKH said:
    We have bottle openers galore in our house, so we'd probably use it (or at least keep it in our alcohol accessory drawer). 

But I'd still re-think it for wedding favors. What about maple candies or cookies or something? Edible is usually a win with everyone. These might be a win only with a few. 
    I also thought about doing apple cider donuts that came in a little thank you bag (the kind where you can hold it and eat it kind of like McDonald's french fries lol). 
  • PDKH said:
    We have bottle openers galore in our house, so we'd probably use it (or at least keep it in our alcohol accessory drawer). 

I also thought about doing apple cider donuts that came in a little thank you bag (the kind where you can hold it and eat it kind of like McDonald's french fries lol). 
    Yum!
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    The opener is nice but I wouldn't use it since we already have all the bottle openers that we need. Donuts would be awesome.
  • Yay for donuts! I like the bottle openers, but we don't really use them, so I would prefer donuts.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Haha well looks like donuts it is! I'm sure it will save me some money too!
  • Apple cider donuts please! 
  • Definitely donuts. This would quickly get put into the "donate" pile.
  • I also thought about doing apple cider donuts that came in a little thank you bag (the kind where you can hold it and eat it kind of like McDonald's french fries lol). 
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm hungry.
    *********************************************************************************

• I actually got those bottle openers as a wedding favor 2 years ago.  They were packaged with coasters with a similar leaf design.  While they're cute, they went straight in the trash.  We already have a bottle opener.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I have no need for a bottle opener, but they're cute.
  • I do like the bottle opener, actually. I would keep it and use it. Donuts are a definite yes!
  • I'd definitely use that bottle opener. FI and I each have one in our car and I keep one in my purse, plus a few at home (we don't like to be caught without one!). But I also love the idea of donuts!

• Donuts, for sure. Everyone who uses bottle openers already has one. If they don't have one yet then they don't need one and they won't want one as a favor. It would be a waste of money.
  • honestly wouldn't use it .... 
  • Donuts. I wouldn't use a bottle opener.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards