Wedding Etiquette Forum

Inviting some but not all coworkers from a previous job

So we're going through our fantasy guest list and marking people as "A" (people we must invite) and "B" (people we'd like to invite if the budget allows, not b-listing, all invites would go out at the same time)

Anyways in my previous job I worked at a very small company, there were about 12 of us between 2 locations.  I have 3 people from that job that I know I want on my A list, however only 1 of them still works there.  So my question is, would it be okay to invite just these 3 people, and put the owners of the company (my bosses) on the B list and not include the other coworkers on the guest list at all?  If it makes any difference, I have not worked there since the middle of July, and the wedding is in 1 year.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inviting some but not all coworkers from a previous job

• I think this is completely fine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes, that is perfectly fine.

Now if you were still working there then I would have answered differently.

• It would be different if you still worked there. But since you don't, totally cool.

Anniversary
  • Totally fine. It's not like it would be awkward since you're not even working there.
  • Sounds good! You're not working there anymore, so it wouldn't make sense to invite people you're no longer in touch with...
    *********************************************************************************

• Yep, you're fine.  I even think you'd be fine to invite 3 of 12 even if you and they all still worked there.  It's when the percentage of invited to not invited is closer to 80-20 that things start getting weird.
  • adk19 said:
    Yep, you're fine.  I even think you'd be fine to invite 3 of 12 even if you and they all still worked there.  It's when the percentage of invited to not invited is closer to 80-20 that things start getting weird.
    Yup I agree. 

I'm curious what the other's advice would be if she still worked there.

• behsco90 said:
    So we're going through our fantasy guest list and marking people as "A" (people we must invite) and "B" (people we'd like to invite if the budget allows, not b-listing, all invites would go out at the same time)

Anyways in my previous job I worked at a very small company, there were about 12 of us between 2 locations.  I have 3 people from that job that I know I want on my A list, however only 1 of them still works there.  So my question is, would it be okay to invite just these 3 people, and put the owners of the company (my bosses) on the B list and not include the other coworkers on the guest list at all?  If it makes any difference, I have not worked there since the middle of July, and the wedding is in 1 year.
    I think you're good!  Heck, I probably wouldn't even put the bosses on your B list unless you still keep in touch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards