Snarky Brides

my MOH is stressing me out...

My Fiance's sister (also my MOH) has taken "helping" to a whole new level.. we are about a year out from the wedding and I am a big no fuss type person. My Fiance and I have booked the church and reception venue and I don't have any plans to worry about anything else for awhile. I get daily messages from my MOH about the planning. I am glad she is excited but I get the feeling she is projecting a little. (she is not married and really really wants to be)
The latest messages have been about booking a DJ (she nearly booked one for me).. does the venue have a projector so we can have your name lit up behind the head table? when are you sending out STD's? etc.. We have not even talked about any details yet. My style is simple.. and it sounds like she is going over the top..
We are planning on going to the bridal show in a couple weeks and I got a message from her this morning that she has invited all the extended family to come with us...
How do I nicely tell her to stop?

Re: my MOH is stressing me out...

• Yeah, she needs to chill the fuck out. 

FSIL, I haven't really thought about that yet. FI and I will discuss it. Thanks for your input. Have you tried the bean dip?
  • thanks guys.. you all rock :)

• I had a similar situation with my SIL.  She was so excited, and loves weddings SO SO much, that she basically had my whole wedding 'planned' before my now husband and I had even decided on a date.

I sent her an email, explaining that unlike some people I have not had a vision of my wedding for my entire life, that I had lots of time to figure out what I like and plan it, and that while I LOVED  that she was so excited to get involved, I really needed time to process my wedding likes and dislikes, but would let her know the second I needed some input or assistance.

Keep it positive, and make sure she gets that you appreciate her willingness to help you out, while being firm about needing her to take a deep breath and back off for the time being.
  • I love her enthusiasm!

Just let her know that there's plenty of time and you'll call her for an opinion if you need it.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm saying this in a joking manner. Why don't you lend her out to all the brides on the Wedding Party board that are upset that their Maids aren't stepping up to the plate? 
    Seriously. Rent her out! Don't people do that with flower girls now? 
  • thanks guys.. you are all so helpful. I am sure she would be willing to be rented out... lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards