Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Waxing alternatives?

I really don't want to wax my underarms but shaving doesn't last long enough I feel like...does anyone have an awesome alternative? I'd be forever grateful!

Re: Waxing alternatives?

• You could try nair, or veet or whatever hair dissolving cream. I seem to always have a bad experience with those things though. I'm thinking waxing is your best bet for longevity, unless you wanted to shell out the $$$ for laser hair removal. It might not be too expensive since underarms are such a small area.
  • Same problem. IM going to try nair and veet and if they don't work I think Im going to have to wax! eek x 
  • Last time I was at the mall, I saw that the eyebrow threading place also offered services for arms, armpits, etc.  

I have no idea if it's a good choice, but when I think of threading, I just think of face.  It was definitely interesting.  Sometime I might have my arms done to see how it goes and the pain level.  If you're adventurous, you could give this a try if there's an Eyes by India or something like that near you.

I get my bikini waxed every 6 weeks.  I think it's great.  Each time you wax, it gets less painful.  The esthetician says the hair doesn't root in as strongly, something like that, so it gets more fine and easier to pull out.

I bought a Groupon for three laser hair removal visits.  It thinned the hair, but didn't make it stop growing, and then a year later, it was back to full thickness because I didn't keep going back.  What many people don't realize about laser is that you don't just go 3-5 times and voila, hairless!  It's something you must maintain.  Some people have to go back every few months after the initial 3-5 visits that really thin out the hair/slow it down.  It has the potential to be a long term financial commitment.
  • Thanks, ladies. I've been using Nair every other day for like a week and it seems to be pretty fantastic so far! It doesn't get my legs insanely smooth but if I run a razor over it they are the smoothest ever. And it doesn't grow back as fast as just shaving. I really wanted to wax but it isn't the pain that's a problem, I have an allergic reaction each time. Ugh. Either way...the wedding is only 4 days away so I don't have time to change my mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards