Chit Chat

"Hey, can I bring my dog to your wedding?" UPDATE!! GAH!

edited September 2014 in Chit Chat
To recap, this is what has gone on with my cousin. 

I invited her with her husband. 
She called and told only my Grandma that she divorced him. 
She told me they weren't sure if they were together. 
Then she said they were together. 
Then she told we they were not together and he was moving back to NY. She RSVP'd to the wedding as a single. 

Cousin then contacted me to ask if she can bring her dad to the wedding. Her dad, that has been divorced from my aunt for 15 years. Her dad, who put my aunt in financial ruin and almost made her lose her house. Her dad, that is no longer part of our family. Her dad, that doesn't get along with any of my family members and that no one has seen (purposely) in 7 years. 

My cousin already found out that my brother broke up with his FI (I'm guessing my mom told her mom, because it's not public knowledge yet!). This is the text I get from her:
Hey, I found out from my mom that Jen won't be coming to the wedding. I was thinking now that Kris could take her spot. He moved back to NY but we're back together now as a long distance thing. So I was wondering if Kris can come to the wedding now that I know what's going on with us.

Of course I told her yes. It's her husband (I think?). Whatever. I tell her yes and ask her to find out which entree he'd like. 

Then she asks me if she can bring her 80 pound dog to the wedding. I'm not kidding. Thankfully our venue has a strict no pets policy. 

Guys. image

Re: "Hey, can I bring my dog to your wedding?" UPDATE!! GAH!

• Who in their right mind would ask to bring a freaking dog to a wedding?!?!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• What the what???!!!
    People just amaze me sometimes.
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh! I forgot two things! She invited herself to the rehearsal dinner. When she found out we're going rock climbing the day before (just FI and myself), she tried to invite herself to that too. She then told her mother she was going to show up anyway. 

And then she asked me if I have a dress she can borrow. 
  • Oh Lordy.  I think I would have to be "in the shower" every time she called...

*********************************************************************************

• Maybe you could incorporate the dog into your wedding while you're at it.  Doggie ring bearer maybe??  :P  Why do people even think this is ok??  At least she asked I suppose instead of just bringing.  

• Nevermind that your wedding shouldn't be the way she tries to figure out the relationship with the husband (ex husband?), but BRINGING HER DOG?!

Nope.
  • There are no words. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd gif the hell out of this.

• This... I can't believe the gall of some people.  Watch her not show up because she wasn't allowed to bring her dog.

ETA: I had a friend that wanted to come wedding dress shopping with me, but said she was bringing her dog. I said no, you can't bring your dog, it's a wedding dress salon.  She stopped speaking to me because I didn't respect her dog.  No skin off my back lol
    What the hell?? Bringing a dog dress shopping? That is hella crazy. 
  • FMIL mostly doesn't visit our apartment because she can't bring her dog.  The problem is that said dog is not house trained at all.  It's a small dog so she just puts pee pee pads in the kitchen for it.  Yes, for both #1 and #2, and no, she does not clean up very well after the pee pee pads.  There is zero chance in hell that dog is coming over and using my floor as her bathroom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• FMIL mostly doesn't visit our apartment because she can't bring her dog.  The problem is that said dog is not house trained at all.  It's a small dog so she just puts pee pee pads in the kitchen for it.  Yes, for both #1 and #2, and no, she does not clean up very well after the pee pee pads.  There is zero chance in hell that dog is coming over and using my floor as her bathroom.
    Ahhhh! FFIL does this with his dog too! He's too lazy to actually let the poor dog out. 
  • If I can't bring my dog, you can't bring yours.

Also, WTF?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Also, WTF?
    right? I don't want to be all, "It's my wedding" but it's my fucking wedding. If my dog is not attending, your dog certainly isn't either! 

Also, WTF?
    right? I don't want to be all, "It's my wedding" but it's my fucking wedding. If my dog is not attending, your dog certainly isn't either! 
    This is where I am. If my own dog can't be at my wedding ...YOUR dog can't be at my wedding. 

Jesus christ what the HELL is wrong with people?!?!? 
    Anniversary
  • Oh! I forgot two things! She invited herself to the rehearsal dinner. When she found out we're going rock climbing the day before (just FI and myself), she tried to invite herself to that too. She then told her mother she was going to show up anyway. 

Sure! Why don't you borrow my wedding dress, hell why don't you borrow my underwear and some socks too. Why the hell not. Sure! You can go rock climbing with FI in my place. You know what, why don't you and your husband and your dog take our places on the honeymoon as well. Sounds great. Fuck yourself.

I know this is your cousin and I might be in the wrong for saying this, but what a dumb bitch. How fucking oblivious can you get?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    Oh! I forgot two things! She invited herself to the rehearsal dinner. When she found out we're going rock climbing the day before (just FI and myself), she tried to invite herself to that too. She then told her mother she was going to show up anyway. 

Sure! Why don't you borrow my wedding dress, hell why don't you borrow my underwear and some socks too. Why the hell not. Sure! You can go rock climbing with FI in my place. You know what, why don't you and your husband and your dog take our places on the honeymoon as well. Sounds great. Fuck yourself.

I know this is your cousin and I might be in the wrong for saying this, but what a dumb bitch. How fucking oblivious can you get?
    You're totally not in the wrong. She's always been a fucking nut job. This just solidifies it. 
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    beethery said:
    Oh! I forgot two things! She invited herself to the rehearsal dinner. When she found out we're going rock climbing the day before (just FI and myself), she tried to invite herself to that too. She then told her mother she was going to show up anyway. 

You're totally not in the wrong. She's always been a fucking nut job. This just solidifies it. 
    Seriously though, if she and her (I imagine) equally delusional husband show up with their dog, they need to get turned away. Also, please let us know when she inevitably asks you to see if the venue will bend the rules about dog attendance just for her rainbow-and-cupcake spouting special asshole because y'all are just so fucking close.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• The way she replied "Bummer ;-)" sort of does make me think she's going to bring the dog anyway. Oh lawd! I'm emailing my coordinator now to put her on notice. I wonder if I should send her a picture of the dog with a big red X through it. 
  • @climbingbrideny I can't believe you're being so insensitive.  This dog is going to be SO hurt that you aren't going to allow it at the wedding.  I mean, you guys are thisclose.  Seriously, you're being such a 'zilla. 
  • "Put her on notice" is a phrase that I forgot and I'm going to start using again.

"She told me she wants to bring the dog, so I put that girl on NOTICE."

Somebody is going to educate her, hopefully it happens pre-wedding and she learns to fucking deeeeaaaallllll with it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Does she want to bring the dog and it would stay at a hotel/boarding during the wedding or does this dingbat mean taking the dog to the wedding? Sounds like it is a little too big to slip inside a purse so if you alert your coordinator that should be fine. Like you don't have enough on your mind.
  • There was a dog at our wedding... Sorta. We had the wedding at my uncle's rescue farm and his dog broke out of the area he was in and stood outside the reception door until someone (ok it was me, I'm a huge sucker) opened the door and gave him some treats.

Your cousin has some balls though. I couldn't imagine asking to bring my dog to anyone's wedding. That is crazy. 
  • My FBIL is bringing his 2 dogs to our wedding. It is a 9 hour drive away and I guess they feel they cant leave the dogs with anyone for the 5 days they are staying out there. They aren't super well trained either. So help me if those dogs leave the room that day when I am around (our venue has cabins we are all staying in). I've told them to walk them when we are out doing pictures or something. I have a terrible fear of the dogs jumping on me (which they often do, they are adorable and love attention). They've joked about bringing them to the ceremony. Thank goodness for other FBIL promising to be the referee for anything like that if it happens.

We actually picked this venue to avoid the whole multiple pet situation with our families. Sigh.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards