Snarky Brides
Options

Facebook Drama!!!

2»

Re: Facebook Drama!!!

• Options
    We have the oppesite problem because H says I post too much on FB and he hates it (and I post.... maybe once a week..)
    This is me and my FI. Once in a while I'll tag him if we're somewhere different than usual or fun (Red Sox game, disney world, whatever...) and he gets frustrated and asks me to un-tag him. He's all, "people don't need to know where we are or what we do every second of the day!" and then threatens to delete his profile - which, he never does...the next day he's backand sharing posts and military memes and quizzes and those "30 pictures that will blow your mind" lists...lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This example, among so many other reasons is why FI and I both disconnected from social media. I can actually CALL my friends now and they get to share any FB worthy news with me, in which I can "like" verbally. Same goes for FI and that means I'm always the first to know. It's a beautiful thing. Thought I'd miss it but soooooo much happier now that it's gone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm trying to imagine agreeing to marry a grown man who throws tantrums over facebook and I just can't.

My mind rejects going much farther than a date or two.
  • Options
    The last time I dated someone who was hypersensitive about MY activities on Facebook, it was because of what he wasn't telling me about HIS activities on Facebook. Take that with a grain of salt.

My FI barely even checks his FB, and that's fine by me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

You should "unfriend" him.

Okay, no not really.  I don't want my suggestion to start WWIII, but my evil side couldn't help but make the comment.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For real though, I would not be able to tolerate ten minutes with someone like that, let alone marrying them. That would be extremely fucking annoying.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    This thread is just weird. FB should not be causing fights with an SO. For reals.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Actually FB has become very popular with people over 35...they love posting their vaca pics and every single thing they do every day....i see my aunts/uncles/parents post on that thing more than any other age group (aside from the usual AW that complains about his/her day or brags about loving life - even though it's just ordinary but who can tell if you take good pics?!?! LOL)

Younger people usually flock towards Instagram now! LOL
    Yeah, us old people in our 30s really love The Facebook. It's neat. 
    We go to the Old Folks Home and get on The Facebook together every Tuesday morning before Jazzercise.
    Yep we be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5fn087Jk4I

aberry89 said:
    Actually FB has become very popular with people over 35...they love posting their vaca pics and every single thing they do every day....i see my aunts/uncles/parents post on that thing more than any other age group (aside from the usual AW that complains about his/her day or brags about loving life - even though it's just ordinary but who can tell if you take good pics?!?! LOL)

Younger people usually flock towards Instagram now! LOL
    Yeah, us old people in our 30s really love The Facebook. It's neat. 
    Considering that Facebook started 10 years ago (2004-5) and is aimed at college students, I'm not surprised that it's popular with 30 somethings, 'cus you know, first wave users and all.  
    ^Amen.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    This thread is just weird. FB should not be causing fights with an SO. For reals.
    Right?  I keep coming back to this thread, start typing a response, then give up.  'cause I got nothing to say except that shit's fucked up.
    More issues than Vougue?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards