Wedding Woes

Happy Wednesday

So, I think I need a new abx.  I'm still not better.  I was still rocking a fever last night.  I can't really swallow anything.  I'm going to call my doc as soon as her office opens and talk to the nurse.  Also, my kids have been jerks the last two nights. Just picking at each other and fighting.  If I ask the kiddo to hang at the house to help me out, there's a lot of sighing and eye rolling.  DefConn had an accident as soon as we got in the door from the sitter, as my mom was trying to give me an update on what was going on with my buyers loan.  We're probably moving a week later than we initially thought with the new close date. Shoot me.

BUT, I only work until 3:30 today and then I have a 5 day weekend.  I just hope I can start feeling better ASAP.  I don't want our camping trip to be ruined. 

Re: Happy Wednesday

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I think I missed that you are still going to be able to close- Yay!  A week late is really not bad.  Good luck with the abx.  Maybe it just hasn't kicked in yet?

6let had a meltdown this morning. He realized that while he's at kinder we still do things fun like go to playgrounds or the library.  It was fine when he thought we just went to the store, but FUN stuff. That's not fair. 

I'm in a holding pattern with DH.  I suggested a few things to do this weekend.  He suggested a few.  His grandfather isn't doing well so he wants to visit him this weekend I said I didn't care, but it would be nice to plan ahead a bit so pick a day so we can also decide on the other stuff.  I also told him to pick one of two dates to have a party.  He hasn't picked anything. I hate when he does this.

I think 6let's asthma is flaring up. Instead of feeling sorry for him, I'm annoyed at all the little grunting he's doing.  I'm a bad mom.

We are going to a newish grocery store today. They are having grand opening prices so I'm buying up oodles of fruit to freeze for the winter.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2014
    We're not closing until early Oct now.  We were hoping to close by the 3rd and move in that weekend, but it's probably not going to happen until the 6th or 7th and we'll move on the 11th.  It could change, but I'm not hopeful. 

Oh and I'd love to think that abx haven't kicked in yet, but I've been on them since Monday.  Something should be happening.  I should be able to drink water w/o gagging at the very least.  :-/
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Might be a slow day.  Apparently Time Warner is having issues.
  • Why, for the love of everything, is it only Wednesday?  This week is moving so slow!

Sorry, Conn, that sucks.  

I'm working on getting through my library book pile, which is growing and growing.  We're still keeping an eye on the forecast to see if we can go camping, but it's looking unlikely.  I hate to think about not having rain, b/c the area really needs it, but if we have rain, we can't go camping.  Well, we could, but that's boring.  Other than that, nothing much different.
  • What did they put you on, conn?

Today is kinda blah.  I have errands to run, laundry to fold, and the kids get out of school early.  I really just want to curl up on the couch and watch tv all day.

Last night I had to throw out 2lb of ground beef because it smelled and tasted horrible.  I thought it smelled a little off when I put it in the pan but I went ahead and cooked it.  It smelled even worse when it was done.  I even tasted a teeny piece and couldn't even chew it.  I spit it out and told DH to bring home pizza.  I have no idea what happened.  I put it in the fridge from the freezer on Sunday night and I know it didn't sit out.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    I had to throw out 6 lbs of pork tenderloin last week.  It went straight from the store to the freezer, but when I pulled one out it had an odd green vein and a smell even frozen.  Pissed me off.
  • Conn- see if they can give you an injection of something.  That seems to work the quickest.  

This week is DRAGGING.  I'm done with it.
  • Weird, 6.  The thing is, I buy 6-7lb packages from Sams and then break them up into 2lb portions and freeze.  I do this immediately when we get home.  I have two big packages worth of ground beef in the freezer (so 5 more 2lb portions).  I have no way of knowing which package the bad beef came from so I really have to watch when I get the others out.
  • Taw-that's awful.  I had that happen with a package of chicken I had frozen and thawed.  It smelled through the plastic...no.  GARBAGE immediately.  *gag*

Conn--I'm hoping upon hope that your weeks shapes up better than it started.  Hopefully you get some relief and good news on the house---though the housing thing will happen much later than this week.

V-I stopped checking out library books because I wasn't reading them, I've been attached to my kindle like crazy this year.  It's bad for the bank account---but now that there is kindle unlimited?  WOO!

6-Poor 6let, sounds like reality is a bit of a pill for him.

This week is going fast and slow all at once.  I went home last night and then ended up hanging with the neighbor dude drinking beer, I think I may put the kibosh on it though because I'm sure his wife is a little ::head tilt:: about it. I  feel like I'm the sister that nags him about taking care of his family---but I don't want to overstep my bounds either.  It just sucks because it's nice having a person to hang with when I don't want to think and I just want to chill.  When H is at work and I'm at home...blahblahblah. 

I have nothing planned for this weekend, so I'm a bit stroppy about it.
  • Well, I make myself sit down and read them.  I just remind myself that I checked them out b/c they sounded interesting.  We just can't afford our reading habits.  :D  I've debated with the Prime membership now that they've opened up their music.  But really, ever time I see something I'd like to listen to on Amazon....it's on Spotify. Free, yay!

There is a woman here, insisting that her niece and nephew got autism from their MMR vaccine.  My head is going to pop off. 
  • @VarunaTT I saw that on FB.  There are not enough headphones to help with that problem.

I love Spotify, when people tell me they like Pandora I'm always like "BUT NO!  SPOTIFY IS WAAAAY BETTER!!!" or soundcloud.  I like soundcloud on my phone.
  • I like them both, but for different reasons:  Pandora is better at finding me new music, then I pull up everything on Spotify b/c I binge listen an artist.  I really haven't care for Spotify's radio app, it doesn't seem to be as good as Pandora is.
  • 6fsn6fsn member

Oface- have you tried kindle through your library?  I do ok with that. I also pick up some free cheesy romance crap for free.

V- my dumbass NURSE sil claims her son has autism because of vaccinations. She gets bent every year when the hospital makes her get a flu shot. 

• 6-I have, but I'm a book hoarder and I end up not really liking something and returning immediately.  It seems the selection is really hit or miss with the library.

• I want to hug teh googlez right now.  I found an e-mail address that you can e-mail and get an automated e-mail back telling you the date the USDA is working on and a list of how many apps per day they've received.  I'm going to be e-mailing them every day for an update. 

Our buyers loan went to the USDA yesterday.  IDK what time or if it will be counted toward today's numbers or yesterday.  But, from what I'm reading...We may be able to close by 10/03 and then move that weekend.  It's going to be tight.  I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much, but being able to move earlier would make me so happy. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member

The buyers on our last house had a USDA loan. It went through surprisingly fast.  Is there a reason you need to move that weekend?  Or is it just wanting to get in and settled?  Mortgage overlap?  We had about 2 wks and it was nice to be able to go to the new house and clean and take a few things at a time before the big move.

• Well, we WERE supposed to be moving 09/13.  So, I'd like to get in as fast as possible just because I'm over this process.  We've packed as much as we can pack at this point.  Everything else has to wait until we're closer to moving. 

But also, the kiddo's new school starts a 2 week long fall break on 10/13.  I'd love for him to get into school that week before and meet some people so he's not sitting at home with no friends and nothing to do for 2 weeks.  

USDA turn times vary state by state.  Our state has one of the higher turn around times.  I found a site that said that there's states with as little as 5 day turn times.  
  • Ugh, add me to the list of sick people. I'm miserable right now and took the day off to sleep. I wish it was Friday.
  • I'm not one of the sick people but I am sick of people.  Everyone is getting on my last nerve today!  I should just take my crabby ass back home and to bed lol.  My supervisor is eating nachos at her desk and I can hear her chewing - ugh.

That is all.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    SIL just posted asking for prayers.  Her head hurts and she can't keep anything down.  She's ignoring questions about what the doc said.  I'm guessing she hasn't called and will blame this on getting the flu shot or something.
  • 6fsn said:
    SIL just posted asking for prayers.  Her head hurts and she can't keep anything down.  She's ignoring questions about what the doc said.  I'm guessing she hasn't called and will blame this on getting the flu shot or something.
    This is nurse SIL, right?  Not the one with the real medical issue. 
  • i2i w/conn
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2014
    Boo @PMeg819!  ::passes blanket and bowl of soup:: 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Yes, the nurse one. The one that is actually sick has never once asked for prayers or made any comments about her sickness.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards