Chit Chat
Options

What am I forgetting??

We are 11 days out and I feel like I'm forgetting something.  I've got all of the big things like catering, marriage license, cake, DJ, venue, and florist covered and paid for but I feel like there should be more!  Maybe I'm just trying to make more work for myself?  Are there any little things that you all are trying to remember or that caught you by surprise on the day before/day of?  I just feel like I'm going to forget the envelopes for the tips, my headband, or a fan (it's Texas in September, it's going to be HOT!).

Re: What am I forgetting??

• Options
    Breathe! And repeat after me: the list is my master, the list is my master, the list is my master. Everything will be fine :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Think about little things you might want handy and start packing what you can and making a list for the rest, like a toothbrush/paste, deodorant, a snack. Essentials like undergarments for your dress. Make sure vendors have the phone number of someone BESIDES YOU they can contact if necessary. And then just breathe and enjoy it!

• Options
    Have you called all your vendors to confirm everything, including times/locations/products/services? I did that and it made me feel loads better.

I'm also a list maker so I had a list of all my vendors and whether I'd confirmed with them; a list of materials for the ceremony in a labeled box; a list of materials for the reception in a labeled box; a day-of schedule that I gave to my DOC, my WP, parents and all vendors with their info bolded; anyone who had offered to help (e.g. someone offered coolers, etc.) got an email with what would be where and when, etc.; I had all my photos printed out of how I wanted my hair and make-up done; double checked with my mom on the 'something borrowed and old'; sent one final 'where to be when' email to everyone in the WP.... that's all I can think of now, but I hope it helps.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    If you don't have a DOC I would also think of sending to your Vendors the a phone number for someone the day of that will answer their phone - MOH, BM, someone like that.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I think it's difficult because I'm not where the wedding it so I have half of the stuff and then my mom has the other half. It feels like I'm missing things because I can't physically see them!  I think I need to call all of my vendors this week just to verify arrival times and the schedule, that will really help me!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I think it's difficult because I'm not where the wedding it so I have half of the stuff and then my mom has the other half. It feels like I'm missing things because I can't physically see them!  I think I need to call all of my vendors this week just to verify arrival times and the schedule, that will really help me!
    I got married in my hometown, which is across the country from where I currently live, so I understand the feeling. I made lists of the things I was responsible for getting there and a list of the things that my mom should have. I had a few days in my hometown before the wedding so I made a schedule of everything that needed to be done. I doubled checked that my mom had everything when I got there and made sure I had some time for shopping to pick up anything missing.

Anniversary
  • Options
    You say outside in Texas... are you providing cold drinks for your guests? Sorry to add something else to your list.
  • Options
    @rebeccaflower - yes! As we have it planned only the ceremony will be  outside, so hopefully 40 minutes max if people arrive early for the ceremony.  Other than that the cocktail hour and reception will be inside.  It's a morning wedding so the heat won't be quite as bad as in the afternoon, but we do have lot's of water, OJ, iced tea, and of course mimosas, bloody mary's, and white wine :)
  • Options
    I know exactly what you're forgetting. You are forgetting to do this:

(except slower)

and this:

In all seriousness, everything will be good. Promises and hugs. :)

Congrats!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    @rebeccaflower - yes! As we have it planned only the ceremony will be  outside, so hopefully 40 minutes max if people arrive early for the ceremony.  Other than that the cocktail hour and reception will be inside.  It's a morning wedding so the heat won't be quite as bad as in the afternoon, but we do have lot's of water, OJ, iced tea, and of course mimosas, bloody mary's, and white wine :)
    You are fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards