Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Short & Spiky

Anyone else out there? My hair has platinum and purple highlights, and is usually up in a faux-hawk. I'm in the process of deciding how to turn part of my mom's veil into a fascinator, and am wondering what others are doing for a headpiece, if anything. I'm currently thinking that I'll take some of the applique pieces from her headpiece and attach them to a headband. We'll see.

My FI asked about my 'somethings' the other day, and I said that Mom's veil was my something old. He was suprised I was wearing anything on my head at all since "I just think your hair is your crowning glory. Nobody else has hair like you!" (I like you because you're cute).

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**

Re: Short & Spiky

• Me too, sort of... No highlights and no veil. I recently had to cut all my hair off from chin length to faux hawk length. My FI loves it up in the faux hawk. When it was cut 2 months ago the stylist used a semi-permanent hair dye that was bright burgundy red. I was considering keeping it that length and adding in some fun color highlights on the side of the longer top portion. Then I got engaged with only 120 days to get married. So the only hair color change is the bright red has faded to a brown with red tint.

So I'm sure I'm going blond by the time of the wedding, but I'm not sure if I should keep it faux hawk length or let it grow out. Currently I'm letting it grow, so I'm just not sure where it will get to by the time, and it's making me nervous. My back up plan is blond cut back to faux hawk with a hairpiece of lace on one side.
  • I just got it cut again this past weekend by a stylist who doesn't normally do it - and I feel a little scalped.  Good thing my hair grows fast and I still have more than a month and a half before the wedding!

I took another look at mom's headpiece last night - there's some really thin pieces of applique that would go well glued on to ribbon and tied like a headband.  Then I think I'm going to use some of the bigger pieces along the side like you mentioned.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards