Michigan-Grand Rapids

orchard wedding, being planned from out of state, can you help?

Hi,
We are loking to do a wedding at an orchard in Michigan, NW Indiana, N. IL.  We are planning on less than 50 guests.  I love the idea of cider donuts, a hay ride for guests and some fun activities with some good food.  
We do have such a small group and a goal to do this on a budget.  Any suggested venues?
I have been a little worried about gazebos in case it rains so the ground isnt wet.
I am looking from Boston, where I live, with a Fiance in California and our families in the midwest....so we are tying to look from the internet and checking with friends as best we can.
Katherine

Re: orchard wedding, being planned from out of state, can you help?

• edited December 2011

I can give you the names of some great cidermills...not sure if they can accomodate with a gazebo, but they do hayrides, at least Klackles and Westview do (Westview is my favorite.)

Western Michigan:
    Klackles is in Greenville, MI
    Cranes is Fennville, MI
    Robinettes is in Grand Rapids, MI

Eastern Michigan:
    Westview Apple Orchard is in Romeo, MI

• goodnitestarsgoodnitestars member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh!!!  These are awesome. I hadn't seem robinettes or westview!!!

Thanks!!!!
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Crane's and Robinette's! I haven't been to the other two MrsChasey recommended, but definitely check them out.

There is a really cute one in Richland, MI too. It's between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, I'm not sure if you are interested in that area. It's called Gull Meadow Farms.

Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    There is also Post Family Farms in hudsonville!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards