Wedding Invitations & Paper

Thank You Notes

I think I'm overthinking this but, I have received some gifts from people since FI and I got engaged, (only last week not from months ago) and was going to order some stationery from Etsy for this type of thing, and I found these, that I really love:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/156813834/personalized-wedding-thank-you-cards?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=thank+you+cards&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery  are they appropriate to send for pre wedding gifts that are received, even though we aren't married yet?  Or should I just go with a generic thank you card?  I know this is such an odd question, like I said I feel like I'm overthinking it but I just wanted to see what others opinions were.  Thanks!

Re: Thank You Notes

• Just grab a pack of blank ones from target to write now. Those are probably fine since they don't have a married name or monogram, but target, etc. will be quicker.
  • I think what I will do is go to target and get some to use now, and then maybe order some in a few months from Etsy to use post wedding.  :)  I know I probably sound crazy even asking a question like this but, I was really torn on what to do... I guess wedding planning does that to you!

• edited August 2014

Getting simple ones from store is a valid option... and quicker and cheaper. But, I think using the ones from Etsy would be fine, too. They just have your first initials, not "Mr. & Mrs. Smith". I think doing cutesy, lovey-dovey ones is okay pre-wedding, as long as there isn't anything on them that suggests you are already married or something overtly wedding related, like wedding cake picture or something. I mean, it is still a thank you for a wedding related gift.

I made my own to match my nautical wedding theme. They just said "thank you" and had anchors on it. They were generic enough that I was able to use them for shower, pre-wedding, post-wedding, and could probably use them for non-wedding stuff in the future. I made invites & thank you cards for my sister's wedding also. Her thank-you cards, were again somewhat generic. They said "thank you" then had their first names at the bottom. We intentionally decided to do just first names so they could be used for pre-wedding & post-wedding gifts.

Edited because TK ate my paragraphs again. 

• Those notes are cute and can be used for  purposes, other than thank you notes. They don't have last initials on them so you could use them before and after the wedding. If stationary is important to you, you should order them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards