Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Chat!!!

13»

Re: Thursday Chat!!!

•  

@cu97tiger - <3 Thank you. I will hope for that, too.

@everyone else -- yeah, it's ridiculous. Today has been a bad day, just because it feels like...how can I be attracting these guys?? Is it me? I'm just...deflated. I guess that's the right word. 

@LivLeighton You're hot. Guys, even DUMB guys, are attracted to that! Heck, so are girls! I recommend the random old acquaintance or acquaintance once removed (my H is my BFF's old HS boyfriend, but I didn't hang out with him at all in HS lol)

I second this.

Sadly, some guys seem TOTALLY normal on paper...and then you met them.

It's not you. You are pretty and seem totally normal.

I also second @cu97tiger 's hope

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @cu97tiger - <3 Thank you. I will hope for that, too.

@everyone else -- yeah, it's ridiculous. Today has been a bad day, just because it feels like...how can I be attracting these guys?? Is it me? I'm just...deflated. I guess that's the right word. 
    @LivLeighton, as hard as it may be to accept, it's not you.  There isn't anything you could possibly be portraying to attract guys that are rude, disgusting, and socially inept.  You are super smart, compassionate, and classy, and I can't imagine that your online dating profile portrays you to be anything other than that.  I honestly think you've just had bad luck, and this might be an unpop op, but I really think online dating is about luck.

I know some people who met their SO on POF, Match, eHarmony, and OKC, and I know some people who have been on those sites for years with no luck. 
  • @lennonkdc - That's super exciting!  It's gotta feel wonderful that you're dad's going to be there and by your side.  Holy crap - it's super close!!  Don't forget to take some time for just you this weekend - I know I've been driving myself crazy with wedding stuff!!

Anniversary
  • @lennonkdc I am SO excited for you! I can't wait to see all the WR stuff come to life!!!

@LivLeighton Definitely write a book about all of this and make millions. It's not you at all! You are beautiful, compassionate, intelligent, and did I mention beautiful yet? Because you are! I agree with @loves2shop4shoes - online dating really can be all about luck and who you happen to find.

• @livleighton - while I'm obviously a proponent of online dating (since I dabbled in it, pre-DH), I think it lends itself to a certain amount of subterfuge. You unfortunately have had more than your share of run-ins with people who misrepresent themselves. At least you're finding that out on date #1 and not date #42!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @lennondkc - I just love everything about your post!!

I am surviving today and things are heading in a much better direction with my new job.  WHEW.
  • @hummingbird125 LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been to Hampton. Tell McLain that Bean says "What's up, hero!" I wonder if they'll do some kind of tribute to Saphire <3 I say we plan a G2G around Upperville, WIHS, or Hampton OR ALL THREE next year!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @livleighton I took an awesome picture of my face as I read your bad date post...but I can't figure out how to get it off my phone without downloading a thousand pictures to my work computer...so you'll have to use your imagination. I promise you, it was epic. Really. 
    Also WHATADOUCHE!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards