Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

...While Waiting for the big day?

Ladies, I have TEN LONG MONTHS until I marry my best friend! 

Besides planning, because it does not occupy my entire day...how do you occupy yourselves? I feel like "Wedding Brain" is a real thing now that I am engaged...How am I going to pass these 10 months...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ...While Waiting for the big day?

• muzeqdiva said:

Besides planning, because it does not occupy my entire day...how do you occupy yourselves? I feel like "Wedding Brain" is a real thing now that I am engaged...How am I going to pass these 10 months...
    Don't let the wedding define your life. Relax and enjoy being engaged. Do non-wedding-related things and talk about other topics with your future spouse and your friends.
  • I think it's really hitting me because although we were in the same city, we are now long distance. Us getting married means we will be back in the same area...I mean of course we visit each other but...I just feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hear you - I just moved three hours away from my fiancé, and going from seeing him every day to only seeing him once a week (if that) is really tough :)  Kudos to people who do more long distance for longer!

We only have a five month engagement, with just over a month and a half left, and it's hard enough for me to wait around for the day to come!  Good luck with your ten months!  It'll go by faster than you think, though - we've been counting down days since the 140s, and now we've only got 50 left.  Yay!

Oh, and how I occupy myself?  Food Network.  I didn't have TV where I was before, so I'm going a little crazy with it now.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • muzeqdiva said:

Don't let the wedding define your life. Relax and enjoy being engaged. Do non-wedding-related things and talk about other topics with your future spouse and your friends.
    This times a million.
  • I have less than two months, and I am ALWAYS thinking planning-related things, despite my best efforts. 

I've been working out a lot which has really helped me clear my mind. The fitness classes are especially great because I have to focus on following the instructor, which means I can't be off in wedding la-la land. 
  • muzeqdiva said:

This times a million.
    This. If your entire life starts to revolve around your wedding, I promise that the people around you are going to start getting annoyed. I've had to limit contact with more than one friend when they suddenly forgot that the rest of the world still existed.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I am 8 months away, and I too am very mindful about "wedding talk" 24/7.  I have had several friends in the past where it was all they would talk about and it gets VERY annoying.  One thing that has worked for me has been to literally take it week by week.  I will nail down a few wedding items one week (this week it's invitations and catering) and then for the 2 weeks after, I will have nothing to do with wedding planning.  No checking emails,( I have filters on my email that sends anything wedding related to its own wedding folder) no pinterest, no shopping for dress accessories, NOTHING. I have found that in doing this it has helped me stay on task, get stuff done, and not be some crazed wedding obsessed bride.
  • I am 8 months away, and I too am very mindful about "wedding talk" 24/7.  I have had several friends in the past where it was all they would talk about and it gets VERY annoying.  One thing that has worked for me has been to literally take it week by week.  I will nail down a few wedding items one week (this week it's invitations and catering) and then for the 2 weeks after, I will have nothing to do with wedding planning.  No checking emails,( I have filters on my email that sends anything wedding related to its own wedding folder) no pinterest, no shopping for dress accessories, NOTHING. I have found that in doing this it has helped me stay on task, get stuff done, and not be some crazed wedding obsessed bride.
    TK apparently deleted part of my post.... On the weeks I'm not wedding planning I like to have dates w/FI whether it be eating out once a week, or helping him with a house project, I like to keep the focus on us and building our relationship in this special time in our lives.
  • Keep busy with other things. The wedding is just one day. Don't let it take over your whole life. Plan activities, do get-togethers with your friends. Go away for a weekend here and there if you can. 
  • What did you do before you were engaged?  None of that stuff should have changed… I never experienced an all consuming wedding mindset and thank god.  You aren't just a "bride", you are a fiancé, a friend, a daughter, probably an employee and/or a boss- you should have plenty to do.
  • I know the feeling, OP. Me and my fiance are long distance as well. He lives four hours away and is moving here when we get married. I am beyond ecstatic but work keeps me busy so I focus on that. 
  • my 10 month engagement felt like the longest 10 months of my life. The 13 months after my wedding has flown by so ridiculously fast! PPs nailed it-- don't let the wedding consume you. Do as much normal life that you can. I would typically have a goal and once that task was completed I gave myself a week or two depending on the time of year before I even thought about the next thing. I saved wedding talk for my FI, mom, The Knot or occasionally friends (when they asked) It will feel like forever, but enjoy this time while you can-- the day will be here before you know it and if you get into "the wedding is taking over my life mode" you will not know what to do with yourself after the wedding.

Anniversary
  • My fiance and I have a while before we get married. We got engaged on the 4th of July and our wedding date is October 10th, 2015. I'm excited but I don't feel like "wedding brain" has taken over YET. I'm just enjoying being engaged and planning our wedding at a leisurely pace. Check back with me in 6 months, though, and we'll see if I still feel the same way! I'm sure the closer our wedding gets the more I'll feel like I can't think about anything else.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards