Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair accesory and jewelry matching?

I would like to know thoughts on matching your hair comb/accessory to your bridal jewelry?  I was thinking of going with pearls and gold with some sparkle for jewelry, but a silver sparkly piece for my hair? Is that a do or a don't?

Re: Hair accesory and jewelry matching?

• Ehhh I'd stay away from too much gold/silver mismatch. Unless like it's just something minor like your earring studs are gold, I think it would look a little bit off...especially with something silver and sparkly. I'd either stick with your current pearls and gold idea and then try to find just a pearl headpiece or a pearl with gold headpiece. Or do the silver sparkly headpiece with pearl/silver jewelry. There's sooo many options out there that you'll be able to find something you love no matter what!

• Thanks!!  I needed some feedback!  I've hit the overwhelmed stage of wedding planning!! :)
  • If it makes you feel better, I won't be worrying about matching at all.  I'd rather wear real jewelry that I already own and has some sentimental meaning to me, than spend a lot of money on cheap costume jewelry that I probably won't wear again.  

I wouldn't worry too much about the gold jewelry and the silver hair piece.  I'm in the camp that thinks these things don't clash.  If they did, why do people make watches, shoes, rings, bracelets, etc. using both of them?  And are you wearing your hair piece at the side or the back?  If it's at the back, the rest of the jewelry will be less obvious when guests are looking at the hair piece.
  • I've always worn White Gold... that's what my engagement ring is of course.. My fiance's grandmother has an antique bracelet that was her great-grandmother's (I believe) and it's yellow gold. It's been worn by the women in the family for quite a few marriages. I still want to wear it so.. I'm not going to worry about it too much, it'll be weird for me since I never mix-match my metals, but I know it can come across very stylish.. so we'll see how it goes. If it's jewelry that you love I wouldn't worry much about it being matchy-matchy. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards