Chit Chat

Saturday dinner!

How's everybody's Saturday going today?
Fi and I were supposed to have our niece today, but she woke up puking. ): 
But now we're having a nice day together. We went to a local coffee shop for lunch, wandered around the shops in town, and now we're just watching Master Chef. Obsessed.

For dinner we're making bleu cheese and bacon steak tips, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli. 

What about you ladies?

Re: Saturday dinner!

• I'm coming to your house!

KD. Two different flavours boxes. One pot. I'm feeling dangerous today.
  • I'm going to make chicken cordon bleu for when FI gets home, and then we're going to our friends' house for a fire. My friend A has a SHIT-TON of blueberries so we're going to have some kind of homemade blueberry cocktails. I'm stoked as haaaaale.

Mom and I went to a café a couple towns over to see how their food was after I got a quote back from the owner for catering. The sandwich was good and all but none of that shit was indicative of a $10,100.00 catering quote. Not happening.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• LDay2014 said:
    I'm coming to your house! KD. Two different flavours boxes. One pot. I'm feeling dangerous today.
    Come on over, pototes for everybody!
  • beethery said:
    I'm going to make chicken cordon bleu for when FI gets home, and then we're going to our friends' house for a fire. My friend A has a SHIT-TON of blueberries so we're going to have some kind of homemade blueberry cocktails. I'm stoked as haaaaale.

Mom and I went to a café a couple towns over to see how their food was after I got a quote back from the owner for catering. The sandwich was good and all but none of that shit was indicative of a $10,100.00 catering quote. Not happening.
    HOLY SHITBALLZ
    For how many people?
  • What's KD? Are you canadian and the KD you're referring to is Kraft Dinner aka Mac & Cheese?

If it is, make a plate for me.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I've spent the day running errands: picking up 2 old ACs from my parents and delivering them to FI's friend who can't afford to replace hers. Grocery shopping. Trips to Home Depot and Menards. Currently at the laundromat because FI's friend - the former handyman and self-reported brilliant plumber - offered to help us with ours but instead left us with a situation that a professional plumber can't understand. Tonight we're taking FSS and FMIL out for dinner and ice cream. FSS is in trouble again but FMIL is sick again (cancer and diabetes) and wants time with her grandkids.

The rest of the weekend is working on our house and helping my aunt with hers, with a quick stop tomorrow morning for my hair and makeup trial. I figure that they'll last the wedding if they last a day of painting!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • beethery said:

What's KD? Are you canadian and the KD you're referring to is Kraft Dinner aka Mac & Cheese?

Yes, sorry. Good old Kraft Dinner (aka mac n' cheese). Three cheese combined with original. It was glorious
  • I have to go to Michael's for a picture frame and the grocery store for half & half, so I'm debating if I should get something - either Chinese, pizza hut, or Taco Bell. 

The Chinese I would feel bad not including SO, who is working tonight, and the TB is on the complete other side of town...

I'm watching House Hunters right now, which is taking place in my old home Charlottesville VA!!

I'll probably switch to Bridezillas when I get back and continue working.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Love chicken cordon blue.  Yummy.

DH decided to leave work with me.   As a result we are going out for sushi.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • LDay2014 said:
    What's KD? Are you canadian and the KD you're referring to is Kraft Dinner aka Mac & Cheese?

Yes, sorry. Good old Kraft Dinner (aka mac n' cheese). Three cheese combined with original. It was glorious
    Boo.  Spirals are the way to go, always.  

We were supposed to do pizza here, (SIL is vegetarian and no one else is, so cooking always sucks when she's over), and look at photos of our vacation, but my nephew just tried plums for the first time and apparently doesn't like the, based on the diarrhoea he's got a the moment.  Might just be FIL instead, or we might go over there.  

• We went out for bbq ribs and they were glorious!  We have also been on the hunt for spookytown villages to start our fall decorating, so that has been fun! Except I think it's pretty early yet, because nobody had any....

sophhabobopha  there could never be a better mashed potatoes gif in all of history.
  • beethery said:

I'm going to make chicken cordon bleu for when FI gets home, and then we're going to our friends' house for a fire. My friend A has a SHIT-TON of blueberries so we're going to have some kind of homemade blueberry cocktails. I'm stoked as haaaaale.

For ten gr that sandwich better come with Bradley Cooper serving me pasta salad.

• BreMR said:
    We went out for bbq ribs and they were glorious!  We have also been on the hunt for spookytown villages to start our fall decorating, so that has been fun! Except I think it's pretty early yet, because nobody had any....

sophhabobopha  there could never be a better mashed potatoes gif in all of history.

If you mean the little villages, they were all out at Michael's when I went earlier.

• alucky23 said:
    BreMR said:
    We went out for bbq ribs and they were glorious!  We have also been on the hunt for spookytown villages to start our fall decorating, so that has been fun! Except I think it's pretty early yet, because nobody had any....

If you mean the little villages, they were all out at Michael's when I went earlier.

SITB

YES!! The little villages! We actually found some at Michael's but they were SO expensive.  We found some at Menards (in case you're not familiar, it's a store like Lowe's or Home Depot) and we got a coffin shop from them for $90 bucks, at Michael's it was $125.  So we realized we probably shouldn't buy any from them.
  • BreMR said:

I'm not the only one!!! YAY!!!

I'm so excited. We've lived 30 minutes from civilization since 2000. We are now in a subdivision with lots of kids. I am going to turn our house from this:

to this:

and spend Halloween night dressed up and handing out candy and playing creepy-ass music. My mother will be in her bedroom ignoring me, and FI will be at work ignoring me, but I WILL EARN THE CREEPIEST-HOUSE-IN-THE-NEIGHBORHOOD AWARD DAMMIT. Cus, you know, even if there's not an actual award, that is a thing with kids.

I am so excited.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • BreMR said:

I'm so excited. We've lived 30 minutes from civilization since 2000. We are now in a subdivision with lots of kids. I am going to turn our house from this:

to this:

and spend Halloween night dressed up and handing out candy and playing creepy-ass music. My mother will be in her bedroom ignoring me, and FI will be at work ignoring me, but I WILL EARN THE CREEPIEST-HOUSE-IN-THE-NEIGHBORHOOD AWARD DAMMIT. Cus, you know, even if there's not an actual award, that is a thing with kids.

I am so excited.
    Can I come?
    I LOOOOOVE Haloween! 
  • alucky23 said:

I have to go to Michael's for a picture frame and the grocery store for half & half, so I'm debating if I should get something - either Chinese, pizza hut, or Taco Bell. 

The Chinese I would feel bad not including SO, who is working tonight, and the TB is on the complete other side of town...

I'm watching House Hunters right now, which is taking place in my old home Charlottesville VA!!

I'll probably switch to Bridezillas when I get back and continue working.

BOOOOX

I'm obsessed with HGTV. It's bad.

• BreMR said:

to this:

I am so excited.
    YESSS!!! Your after house looks sooo creepy :)  We live in a crowded subdivision and we NEVER get trick or treaters, but it's okay because we have a 6 year old that we take out on the town anyway, but even when we start in the neighborhood, nobody gives out candy :(

You're going to be the favorite house on the block, @ CaitTDID23!!  
  • BreMR said:

to this:

I am so excited.
    Can I come?
    I LOOOOOVE Haloween! 
    YESSSS I will need proper Halloween-lover support, my mom thinks I'm insane and FI just thinks I'm seven (which frankly isn't that far off hahaha).

And @BreMR - that's my goal! I hope I manage, haha. I'm excited.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • BreMR said:
    alucky23 said:
    BreMR said:

SITB

YES!! The little villages! We actually found some at Michael's but they were SO expensive.  We found some at Menards (in case you're not familiar, it's a store like Lowe's or Home Depot) and we got a coffin shop from them for $90 bucks, at Michael's it was $125.  So we realized we probably shouldn't buy any from them.
    Ah, ok... Well they have a 20% off entire purchase coupon this weekend (until Monday), and I got a sweet deal on picture frames!  I got 2 16x20, 1, 11x14, and 2 8x10 for only $39!  Not totally crappy ones either, but the clearance was awesome and just what I needed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards