Nevada-Las Vegas

Make Up Suggestions/My only wedding regret

Hello, I am looking for make up suggestions and it does not have to be someone who comes to my suite. We're going to Vegas in November (vow renewal next June) so while we're there, I can figure out the logistics of how long it will take to get to various places from where we're staying. Maybe even do a trial. We are staying at Aria but the ceremony is at the Cosmo.

We got married in Mexico in 2005 and my ONE regret from my wedding was doing my own make up. I love our wedding pics other than the fact that my make up looks as it does on an ordinary day, which isn't much. (I've worn foundation maybe twice in my life and neither of those times was on my wedding day.) So this time around, I am going to glam it up a bit. :)  

Anyone used or planning to use services that they will go to themselves? I want make up this time but.... I can't see paying a ton for it. It's so out of my element. lol Any suggestions would be great.

Re: Make Up Suggestions/My only wedding regret

• Hi
    Try 702 / glam squad / also check groupon

If my sister comes she is a pro and ill have her do my make up and if not....im going to a place that does "free make up" and have them do me over for free (i will tip them) and then return to my room for the rest! sounds cheecky but in vegas there are alot of malls that allow you to be made over for free and they wont charge...dont tell them its your wedding and wallah (my sister gave me that trip) if not buy an air brush kit and have someone do it for you......i looked into it and they charged like 100$ plus which i think is way to much and considering i dont ware alot of make up so ....either my sister, free make up or myself (buy ill buy mac because i am black british or saphora) hope this helps you out
  • Thanks! I can see going to the mall and being just fine. I'll check those sites also.
  • Hi - your welcome :)

If my sister for some reason cant make it thats what i am going to do, the mall :)

703 quoted me 100-150 / glam squad is in same bracket....i found a lady who used to work for glad squad and now she runs her own business and shell come to you for $90 (mall is still cheaper tho)

Wish you best of luck with it all - have a great day :)
  • Those aren't bad prices. Thanks
  • Hi
    I just found this on someone post
    I went to Sephora in Caesar's Palace Forum Shops. Depending on where you're staying, you might see if a make up store connected to the hotel can do it. I paid only $50 US for my bridal make up. If you want someone to come to your room, I imagine it's much more expensive. However, I stayed in Caesar's Palace and it was just a short walk from my room. There's also a Mac Store and a Dior make up store in Forum Shops.

I saved this info for me - might also be useful to you thanks
  • Just keep in mind that Mac store is SUPER loud! I went past there last weekend and they had a DJ and music blaring that you could hear from far. I personally wouldn't want to get my makeup done with all that noise :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lol

What about Sephora? i could always bring ear plugs lol
  • I don't know but I am still waiting for a response from Bri ( beauty by Bri). Wedding isn't til next Oct (2015) but I hope to hear from her soon. I have thought about doing my own makeup but I have never really had my makeup done for a special occasion so I would like to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Ladies hope you find this useful

Custom make over or walk in is perfect for me....its walking distance from my hotel so may just get it done seeing as though we have a photographer on the day! (can use my sister for the hen party and for touch ups is needed)
    Cherio :)
  • Interesting tip about the music. Thanks. @jcray1978‌ If you haven't done it before, this is the event to do it. Just go for it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards