August 2014 Weddings
Options

Last minute things?

The wedding is in four whole days!! I feel incredibly ready, which makes me nervous.

What are some things I'm probably forgetting or haven't even thought of yet? I have all the majors like the marriage license and all of the wedding attire everyone needs. It's just scary that I don't think I have anything left to do...

Re: Last minute things?

• Options
    emergency kit?  things like aspirin, nail file, hairspray, mints, scissors, tape, etc.
  • Options
    Emergency kit is a good idea. Not just for you but bridesmaids too. Pins, tampons, double sided tape. You are so close, congrats!
  • Options
    Found a great tool for the emergency kit, recommended by my seamstress.  Quilt binding tool... it's better than safety pins if something goes wrong on the bustle- I used it to take up my flower girl's hem and it worked like a charm. They sell them at craft and fabric stores, though some call them a quick stitch. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our wedding was in my home state, 12 hours away.  We definitely worried about forgetting things!!  In the end, we forgot one part of our groomsmen gifts at home and we didn't get a cake knife (we used a regular old knife to cut our cake haha!).  We also totally forgot to hand out tips to our vendors because the day went by so fast (it was such a blur...but a wonderful blur!), so we're mailing them out.  

As long as you have your significant other, your dress, your license, and everything is paid off, all the other stuff won't matter.

Here's some questions that might help you out, as these were some of our last details:
    Do you need a day of itinerary?  Seating all finished?  Welcome bags if guests are staying at a hotel (we did these and most of them ended up not even getting to the guests)?  Gifts for your party members and parents?  Are you doing gifts for each other?  Guest book?  Are you having your mail held at your post office or having a neighbor check for you (we just had our neighbor watch for packages-we only had one-and our mailbox is a lockbox so there was no need to hold)?  Got your hair and styles all picked out?  Transportation all set and everyone knows where they're going?  DJ, caterer, photographer, and all vendors have their times and everything all set?  If you're using ceremony programs, are they all printed and ready?

Didn't mean for that to be a long list!  I'm literally just looking at our big "To Do" poster hanging on our fireplace to see what we checked off in the final weeks.  Congrats on being so close!  Enjoy your wedding day- it flies by!  We are anxiously awaiting our photos to relive the day :)

• Options

You ladies are wonderful, thank you so much!

I only ended up forgetting two things that weren't "end of the world-hold the show" important! Two good luck charms, but we improvised.

I'm feeling the woes of it being over though. All of my very best friends and family came from out of state and stayed with us or close by, and I don't have a giant to-do list to keep me busy. But it was a perfect day and I couldn't have asked for better.

We knocked out an emergency kit at the dollar store and hadn't even thought about a few things until I read your posts! Cake knife? Why would I bother to think of that. Seesh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards