Virginia
Options

Outdoor wedding near Richmond/Powhatan/Amelia

I am looking for a wedding venue in the Richmond area or West of Richmond (Amelia area) that will allow for an outdoor ceremony and reception (tented) for 100 or so people.  Ideally, it would be great to have an inn that allows for a weekend stayover and other inns/hotels nearby that could accomodate a bunch more guests as we will have many out of town visitrs.  So far looking at: Winterham Plantation, Clover Leaf Plantation, Mankin Mansion (possibly a bit more formal and over budget), the Mill at Fine Creek, Fairview Farm, and Tuckahoe Plantation.  Can anyone share feedback about any of these venues?   Are there any other venues I shoudl consider?

Re: Outdoor wedding near Richmond/Powhatan/Amelia

• Options
    Hanover Tavern does a tented reception and ceremony at the Courthouse across the street. I attended a wedding there recently and it was lovely. No inn to my knowledge, we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Innsbrooke, they provided busses.
  • Options
    Hello! I recently got married in Reedville VA at a home and it was stunning! We had an outdoor tent a caterer that was amazing and 1/8th of the price of everyone else! They can handle all of the planning etc. You can bring your own decorations or they can do it for you.  There is a hotel that is 2 miles away that has an outdoor pavilion with a grill and picknick tables too that can accomodate up to 70 people and there are b and b's all within 5 miles and also a holiday in within 20 miles!  Let me know if your interested.  The people with the house are close friends and they do weddings.  WE had about 170 guests and had the most amazing wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards