Virginia

Help with affordable venues in Richmond, VA or Virginia Beach, VA for 200 guests!?!?

Hi everyone! I am new to the knot...I've been engaged since February 2014...looking to get married next Spring 2015. I have accomplished NOTHING as far as wedding planning b/c I am so frustrated trying to find an affordable venue in downtown/or right outside of Richmond or Virginia Beach.  Our budget for the entire wedding is $20,000.  I don't even care about the venue "style" ...I just need ideas! Anyone know of any hidden gems that preferably offers:

-indoor and outdoor reception area
-holds up to 175-200 guests
- can bring your own caterer and alcohol (this would be ideal, but not required considering it is so hard to find)

Thank you so much!!

Re: Help with affordable venues in Richmond, VA or Virginia Beach, VA for 200 guests!?!?

• omg i wish i had your budge my budget is 10k soooooo lol.... have you tried the the yatch club of mariners shores the have all inclusive packages starting at 18k, chrysler museum of art, they have pricing starting at 4k but they olny work with one cater not sure how much they charge
  • The Mariners Museum in Newport News is extremely affordable- and as they are a museum they do not have an in house caterer. 

We're having just the reception at the City Center Marriott but they do ceremonies as well and it seems to be a pretty affordable package- they provide the food and drink though.

I've been to a gorgeous wedding at Boxwood Inn but the best space is outdoors which can be tricky in Spring.

Last but not least, the Water Table in VA Beach makes a GORGEOUS venue. A friend of mine got married there last summer and it was a beautiful setup. She had around 150 but it might fit more.

• Have you looked at Hanover Tavern? I have some friends getting married there next month. Not sure how many people it holds though.

Also, what about Maymont? 
  • Have you ever thought about renting a house or mansion and having the wedding lakeside?

http://www.vrbo.com/313327#rates

• edited July 2014
    Check out House Mountain Inn. It would be cutting it pretty close to your budget but it's a beautiful venue.
    EDIT: Sorry, this is kinda far from Richmond.
  • Hello! I recently got married in Reedville VA at a home and it was stunning! We had an outdoor tent a caterer that was amazing and 1/8th of the price of everyone else! They can handle all of the planning etc. You can bring your own decorations or they can do it for you.  There is a hotel that is 2 miles away that has an outdoor pavilion with a grill and picknick tables too that can accomodate up to 70 people and there are b and b's all within 5 miles and also a holiday in within 20 miles!  Let me know if your interested.  The people with the house are close friends and they do weddings.  WE had about 170 guests and had the most amazing wedding and could have fit more! We spent about 18k on ours and people are still saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards