November 2014 Weddings

I just wanna say F it!

I'm having a bad, stressful day, FI and I have basically been in a huge fight all week (over different stuff each time), and now today's my fault too. To top off the evening, I kept reminding him about our ring payment and at one point told him it was due Sat. I was going through my bills a week ago and realized it was due today, and wrote it on my new calendar, and told him it HAS to be paid by today (or there's interest). He chose to ignore that all week, went online to pay it, and went off on me about how it was due today and I told him Sat, and with it being so late it might not count for today (this is after he went off on me earlier about something else). I found my statement and sure enough, 5:00pm is the cutoff. I'm not sure if I want to tell him and let this shithole of a week with him continue (we're not talking to each other tonight), just use the rest of my wedding money and be like THERE! No more interest, payments, etc., or if I should just wait a few weeks before saying anything...and let this shit start up again. We're both so tired and stressed, it sucks! I just want to say FUCK IT ALL!!!

Re: I just wanna say F it!

• I'm sorry this is causing so much stress for you :(  Are you talking now?

My FMIL is being a shitty person.  She basically said we are leaving her in the dark (not untrue but there's a reason) and we are basically not going to have a good wedding because we are too laid back and to her that means we don't give a shit.

She has no idea that we have everything pretty much done and waiting on vendors to give us the go-ahead to do the next steps.  FI has had it with her and is a sentence away from "Guess what?  You don't have to come!  BYE!"

I think we both just need to ride this out and let the seas become calm again.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We started talking again...and huge fight. Last night he was a complete dick, to the point I slept on the floor (kids this weekend). My back's killing me so I got in bed this morning. He refuses to apologize for anything last night or all week and says that I just need to move on (that was after I turned away when he tried to kiss me this morning...you probably would have too if your FI did what he did). That's totally unacceptable and I'm going to have minimal contact and interaction with him until he can apologize for some specifics, and mean it, and not just. "I'm sorry, move on."
  • Is there any way you and him can have an open forum?  Will he sit down and talk if you say "Can we just clear the air about what's been happening this past week?  I really don't want to have any tension here."  Is he open to that?

I HATE fighting.  I'm not a good fighter at all!  FI and I have our disagreements for sure, but it's always FI that helps me talk things through.  He's way better at conflict resolution than I am.

FMIL talked to FI today and sounded MUCH more rational.  She never apologizes for anything unless it is something like "I'm sorry you can't accept how I feel." or "I'm sorry you were offended by what I said."  She is the master of 'Sorry-not-sorry'.

• We're good now. We talked, had a good day, had another bad day but other than that one day we've been really good. I told him, months ago, no fighting the week of our wedding. We can have disagreements but no arguing/fighting. I should have made that longer than a week - LOL!
  • Oh thank goodness!  You hadn't been on here in a while and was worried about you two!  Glad you are over the hurdle and feeling good again :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards