New Jersey

Hotels in the West Orange, East Hanover, Livingston Area

We are getting married at Mayfair Farms and looking for hotels in the area. We have called a few and right now it looks like the Ramada in East Hanover. But I was hoping to get ideas for other hotels and review on the Ramada. I haven't stayed their in years so I am not to familiar with the state of the property. Thanks

Re: Hotels in the West Orange, East Hanover, Livingston Area

• jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2014
    Residence Inn West Orange, Courtyard West Orange, The Wilshire Grand Hotel, Hilton Short Hills, Westminster Hotel - Livingston
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married in Livingston and have blocked a ton of rooms in the East Hanover Marriott. It's on route 10 so fairly close to Mayfair farms, and their pricing was reasonable. They also were really accommodating with a morning after breakfast and shuttle reservations back and forth from the venue. Their suites were also huge, which was important to us since we're getting ready at the hotel.

We also looked at the Westminster hotel - it was very pretty, more of a "boutique" hotel. Rooms weren't as large and they were more expensive than the Marriott. Their shuttles though were vans, not buses, so between that and the room pricing, we ended up going w/  Marriott.
  • Not sure when your wedding is but the Westminster was going to be under construction when we get married.  I really liked working with Laura from  http://kleinfeldhotelblocks.com/  They take care of everything for you.
  • Thanks ladies...the Westminster we called but they make you guarantee a number of rooms and if not used you have to pay for them...so I think we are still searching. @mellyd2014 I will have him call the East Hanover Marriot...I know exactly where that is....we are also calling the Sheraton in Parsippany bc its right next to 80.
  • If you're looking at the Sheraton, I also recommend looking at the Hyatt House, which is right down the road. I haven't stayed at that particular location, but my H and I recently stayed at one and were more than pleased. The Embassy Suites in Parsippany is also nice.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're getting married at Highlawn Pavilion using the Wilshire Grand Hotel - they're providing a free shuttle for our guests (and are willing to do multiple times, for the family members who need to get there early for photos), They also have free breakfast. I think we blocked 15 rooms and had to promise 10, but the bridal suite counted towards that total. Every hotel we looked at required that you guarantee a certain percentage of your block of rooms, so I don't know that you'd find one that doesn't require that.
  • Courtyard Marriott of Hanover was wonderful to work with. Reasonably priced and very accommodating. We got out room for free. :)
  • amalance said:
    We're getting married at Highlawn Pavilion using the Wilshire Grand Hotel - they're providing a free shuttle for our guests (and are willing to do multiple times, for the family members who need to get there early for photos), They also have free breakfast. I think we blocked 15 rooms and had to promise 10, but the bridal suite counted towards that total. Every hotel we looked at required that you guarantee a certain percentage of your block of rooms, so I don't know that you'd find one that doesn't require that.
    Exactly the same over here, except we blocked more rooms.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards