Budget Weddings Forum

Budget Weddings in Puerto Rico

Hello Bridies! My Fiance and I were planning a big wedding in NY and then I became pregnant with my second child, resigned from my job and now he was offered a new job which would unfortunately be a pay cut in the beginning but pay off in the future. So that left him asking me do I mind putting the wedding off! Now the thought of having to wait longer to marry the love of my life breaks my heart so now I have began looking into destination weddings as I feel that it might be the more affordable way to go while still getting the gorgeous wedding I have always dreamt of. I have come across the W Hotel in Vieques which looks absolutely amazing but am still waiting to hear back... Just wanted to see if there was anyone able to give some input on locations and pricing if they have been in my shoes.

Re: Budget Weddings in Puerto Rico

• I don't know about weddings in particular but have been to Vieques and loved it. If you really want the formal, fancy wedding, I'm sure the W is lovely. It won't be cheap, but if it's a small destination wedding you may not end up spending that much. 

A cheaper option for you and guests is to stay in one of the lovely small hotels on the other side of the island (the W is kind of one it's own) in Esperanza, which is a little one street town. Super cute, you could get married on the beach (maybe pick one of the beaches that you have to drive to for a more private ceremony.) I love Vieques. Definitely go to the Bio Bay! 
  • Just keep in mind that destination weddings put more expense on the guests. We went to Puerto Rico a few months ago and the flights alone were $400 each, for the absolute cheapest we could get (flying on less expensive days, flying out of a different airport instead of the one we could have gotten a direct flight from which took 200 bucks off the price by itself, etc.) And we didn't even go to Vieques, which would have required an additional flight or a drive and a ferry trip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards