Iowa-Des Moines

have you used these guys?

I am narrowing down my options for judges who perform wedding ceremonies and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using or has spoken with Joel Novak, Robert Blink, or Robert Hutchinson. I was also wondering if anyone had any contact info for them other than their phone number. I don't have time to call these guys during the day and by the time I get off work they aren't at their phones, so if anyone has an email address they could pass along I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
image 31 Total invites!
image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: have you used these guys?

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't, maybe you could call the BBB to see if they have anything on file for them?
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • llucas45llucas45 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have family that works in law enforcement their suggestion is to use hutchinson or novack. 
    Anniversary
  • milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've attended two weddings that had Novak - both were good.  He seems like a really nice guy, very "kind" and he seemed to keep the bride and groom at ease.
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the BBB is a good idea, but ultimately go with your gut.  There's nothing wrong with "meeting" each one and then seeing which one you feel most comfortable with!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Judge Novak is awesome. He just did my brother's wedding in October. If you can get him definitely do. I have also talked with the other two judges you mention when i was looking for my own officiant. Both were nice, but i really liked just hutchison over blink. When he wasn't able to do my wedding due to the date (i'm getting married on the 3rd of july), he offered the names of several other judges and then told me to call him back if i didn't have any luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thank you all for your help/suggestions. I called Judge Novak and left a message (he is out of the office until March 7). Hopefully I will be able to talk to him after that and go from there. If it doesn't work out then I will try Hutchinson. Our wedding isn't until September, but I don't want to wait too long since these two guys seem to be in high demand.

Thanks again!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I actually just called Judge Novak this afternoon to do my wedding in September as well. He came very highly recommended and I really like how he sounded over the phone! My mother had attended a wedding he officiated and had nothing but good things to say! I would give him a call, he's pretty good at calling people back and doesn't seem to have issues with working outside of normal business hours.
    I'm actually pretty excited to have him do my wedding! He sounds very nice and relaxing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards