Michigan-Lansing

Where was your reception?

I am looking for reception sites and right now I'm looking at Hawk Hollow and the Lakeview in Laingsburg but there really aren't a lot in the area I live. I was wondering where did everyone else have their receptions since most of the sites only list places in Detroit area. 

Re: Where was your reception?

• We'll be having our ceremony at The Country Mill apple orchard in Charlotte and the reception will be on-site in their barn.
  • We are having ours at Lakeview in October. So far, working with them has been a very enjoyable experience. The prices were a little more affordable than other hotels in the Lansing area & Hawk Hollow. 
  • I wanted to have mine at the Lakeview in May. Still that is my first choice but I'm not sure if I can afford the 1000 down payment before someone else gobbles it up. 
  • My ceremony and reception were at Lakeview June 7th and everything went perfectly. They are very affordable (and no cleanup unless you want to take things with you!). Table underlays and chair covers make the room look much more elegant. We booked the venue and date a year and a half in advance. I believe we only had to pay the $900 room fee for a downpayment. Maybe the prices went up?
  • They did. It sucks because I looked at them last year and everything was completely fine (This was in November) but I checked in May of 2014 and their updated prices have gone up a bit. Did you also have the 10 dollars per person just for non-alcoholic beverages and 11 per person for alcoholic? 
  • I am looking for a venue cheap on a beach or lake for 30/50 people.
    I am so in need of heelp
  • I booked mine at the Lakeview, which is on a lake. Its less expensive if you do it on a Friday or weekday but it's 995 for the deposit on a Saturday. 

Are you in Lansing? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards