Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Vendor reviews - Plano wedding

Hi everyone!  Our wedding was in Plano on October 26th and was a ton of fun.  We are now back from the honeymoon and settling into our normal lives again, so I thought I'd share some reviews of the vendors we used.  Overall, we had a great team involved!

Ceremony venue - St. Andrew United Methodist Church
My family has been members here since they started, but they do allow non-member weddings, and it is a gorgeous church.  The coordinator there is Kay Richardson, and she was excellent to work with.  The bride's dressing room is huge and attaches to a large parlor, and there are several beautiful spots for taking photos.

Reception venue - Rooftop Event Spot, food catered by Urban Rio
My wedding was 150 people, and this maxed out the space they have here for a seated dinner.  Honestly, one less table would have been a more comfortable fit, but it worked.  The pricing was very reasonable and the space is really cool.  You have to choose from one of their two restaurants for catering (Urban Crust or Urban Rio), and the food was very good.  We had lots of compliments from guests about the food and the wine, and it's a picky crowd, so I was thrilled with how that turned out!  I will say that I had some communication problems with the coordinator there though.  I would still recommend the venue, and they've only been open for a little over a year, but I think their coordinator is lacking some organization.  If anyone is considering a wedding there, don't let it deter you because it's a great place, but I did have several problems with her that caused a lot of stress and frustration.

DJ - DJ Maco Amayo
He was amazing!  He owns a print shop in DFW, but has been an event DJ on the side for like 20 years.  He did a perfect job of reading the energy of the crowd and played great music.  He was also VERY reasonably priced!  Highly recommended!!!

Day of Coordinator - Beth Butler
Beth is an engineer by day and wedding coordinator on the side.  She did my sister's wedding a couple years ago, and I am so glad I used her as well.  She handled all the setup of the decor at the reception venue, and it looked exactly as I had planned.  She kept the schedule of events moving smoothly, made sure I got plenty to eat and a few minutes to sit down, and DH and I always had fresh drinks in hand!  She was extremely organized and also very affordable.

Flowers - A&L Floral Design
I had a limited budget for flowers and found A&L recommended on another message board.  What a great find!  They are sisters who also have "regular" day jobs but have been doing flowers for weddings together for years.  The flowers ended up being so gorgeous and right on point with my budget.  They were really easy to work with, and I would absolutely recommend their services.  I've already had several guests ask for their information because they were so impressed with the bouquets.

My dress, invitations, and cake came from vendors in Austin that I would also definitely recommend, but I'll save those for the Austin board.  Please feel free to message me if anyone needs contact info or has questions about my experiences with these vendors.  Happy planning everyone!  

Re: Vendor reviews - Plano wedding

• Forgot to mention that I had hair and makeup done on Oak Lawn at Dry Bar and Blushington.  The folks at Dry Bar weren't exactly what I would call friendly, so that wasn't the best experience, but I liked my hair.  Makeup at Blushington was excellent.  Wish I knew how to make myself look that good!
  • Sounds like everything went great! Did you have a photographer/ videographer? I just ask because that's a really common question on the boards.
  • No videographer, but I used Jill P Photography from east Texas. She is a dear friend of my sister's and amazingly talented, and I'm sorry for not mentioning her name! She kept the post-ceremony photos quick, and I can't wait to see the finished product. www.jillpphotography.com
  • What was the pricing for RoofTop?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards