North Carolina

Ceremony Site: Raleigh, NC

Hello,

I am planning a wedding in Raleigh next April. I am trying to find a place to have a wedding for 150 people. I have looked into the Rose Gardens and the All Saint's Chapel downtown. We are open to a church ceremony, but would like to us our own pastor. 

Does anyone have any ideas of other places to look? 

Re: Ceremony Site: Raleigh, NC

• Parks, museums, wineries, botanical gardens, and churches. Most Protestant churches will allow you to rent the church (for a higher price than members) and use your own pastor as long as their acting pastor is included somewhere in the ceremony (like the welcoming prayer).

• I was really hoping for some specific sites in the area.
  • I'm sorry I wasn't any help. However, if you haven't noticed, this is a rather slow board. I offered some general suggestions and you can google those.

• Understandable. I didn't mean to offend you. I am just planning it from out of town, so I was hoping that maybe someone had a location suggestion.
  • The Mordecai House does beautiful weddings!

I also recently attended one at the Stockroom.  It is a smaller venue, but should be able to accommodate your 150 nicely.  

photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • There is an wedding chapel downtown Raleigh. And you can use your pastor.
  • cjowens said:
    There is an wedding chapel downtown Raleigh. And you can use your pastor.
    That's All Saints.

OP, did you not like something about the rose garden or All Saints, or are you just looking at other options? I'm getting married in Downtown Raleigh in May and I can tell you that most of the places are booked through next August, at least. I booked my venue (All Saints) in June and I had a heck of a time finding somewhere to get married on any Saturday from March-August. Are you married to the idea of downtown Raleigh? Could it be Cary, Apex, Wake Forest, Durham, etc.? Check out the WRAL Azalea gardens, similar to the rose gardens. Where is your reception, if you've booked? Our reception is at The Stockroom 230, which is owned by the same company as All Saints, and they do ceremonies there as well. 

You may also want to check out 214 Martin Street, Marbles Kids Museum, Capital City Club, Cardinal City Club, and the two downtown hotels (Sheraton and Marriott).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards