November 2014 Weddings

Toe nail polish choices?

I've been thinking of the little details and am leaning towards the blue for my wedding toe nail polish. It's my and FI's favorite color, it would give me the something blue :), and of the 4 he "modeled" for me is his favorite! **We've been drinking.**

The left (big toe) is a pink-ish purpley, 2nd (next two toes) blue, 3rd (next to little toe) is purple with a few blue sparkles mixed in, and the last (little toe) is kind of blue but comes out a greenish. I may not go with any of these specific ones but something very similar.

Any thoughts, ideas, your own choices or dilemmas?

Re: Toe nail polish choices?

• Tell him he has pretty toes ^_^.

I vote that this is your 'something blue'.  It's a cute detail!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I like the blue! I hadn't thought about toe nail polish, since I'm not wearing open toe shoes. My shoes are blue though, so that handles the "something blue" aspect. I don't know. It'll probably be whatever random color I happen to have at that time lol. Or, Tiffany blue to match my decor.
  • I actually don't think I will be doing my toes.  My shoes are closed toed and I hate doing my toes anyways.

I will be getting shellac nail polish though a few days before so I don't have to worry about chipping on my hands. 

• This is probably the teacher coming out of me... But I find colored nail polish (unless it's red and pinks) very juvenile. I'm going for a French pedicure with mine and my bridesmaids because it looks more formal and professional. 
  • Since my feet will be covered, I'm going to do the blue glitter (I tried it out a few weeks ago and it's still on and looks good). I'm definitely going with a French manicure.
  • you might also consider checking to see what is available here. Looks tons better than nail polish, doesn't have the lingering smell, and is a LOT cheaper than going to the nail salon for the same chip-free nails.

• JBee85JBee85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    I just finished being a bridesmaid for a friend's wedding last week where she wanted her bridal party to have purple toenails. Here was the problem: EVERYONE had different shades of purple paint on their toes. Some didn't want to get a professional pedicure and tried doing it themselves where you could see the pain on the skin. It all looked extremely tacky.

Trust me, if you want a more uniformed, professional look, it is better to get a French styled pedicure for everyone. No one can go wrong with white.
  • Knottie02673453, you can't advertise here.  

Something about french tips on toes is off-putting to me...  I do not want to outline the visible nail line or create a crisper line on my toe...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards