North Carolina-Outer Banks

Welcome Bags

My wedding is on June 20, 2015 in Corolla at Pelican's Landing. I am currently trying to put together welcome bags that my guests will receive when they arrive at their hotel/rental house. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck or has any recommendations in contacting local businesses to get coupons, gift cards etc. I am getting travel guides and maps from the visitors center. I was also wondering if anyone had any ideas on local snacks or trinkets that I could include in the bags that really set the tone of OBX. Thanks!

Re: Welcome Bags

• I don't know about the coupons as I just did stuff from the visitors center. For local snacks, I put salt water taffy from Forbes in mine :)
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Salt water taffy is a great idea! Thanks!!
  • I went to beachballs.com and ordered beach balls in my wedding colors (blue & white) for my guests with kids. They are pretty reasonably priced. 
  • Make sure to pick up some of the Sunny Day Guides too, they have coupons and what not. You can get those from the visitors center as well....or the front of a drugstore in case the lady at the visitors center doesn't want to give you as many as you need. Just sayin ;) Cheerwine is made in NC and another bride included those in her bags. Pepsi is too, but Cheerwine is more localized. And the taffy is a great idea...lots of colors to choose from.

• We also put in outer banks kettle corn. It is made by two young girls and it was soooooo good!!!! They made up small bags for our welcome bags and then they even surprised my husband and I with a huge bag for ourselves. We actually had to stop on the way home to buy three more bags to take back with us because it is so good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards