DIY Wedding Forum

Sola Flower disaster! NEED HELP!

Hello knotties!

Okay, so I'm having a bit of an issue.  I ordered some beautiful flower bouquets on etsy from a woman who does lovely arrangements.  Unfortunately the colours she has dyed the flowers are quite wrong, and she's left it so to the last minute that any drastic changes are going to be impossible (I need the flowers shipped by this coming monday, wedding is on Sep. 27.)

My plan is, when I receive them, to try to dye them myself a little darker and I'm wondering if there is anyone here who has experience dying sola and balsa flowers that could give me some pointers / what I should use or not use to do it!

Thanks so much ladies!

Re: Sola Flower disaster! NEED HELP!

• It would help if I had pictures but if you're talking about balsa wood, I'm assuming your Etsy seller already sealed it and stuff so I would just mix up dye and dip it. I used to use acrylic ink to dye my balsa projects for school, that seemed to work well. I think they were mainly for calligraphy, I got them from a local art shop. To get the fullest color, you're going to have to wait for the ink to dry after you've dipped it before you dip it again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh that is awesome! Thank you so much! 

I'll have to look into that. I didn't even think that she would seal them with something but that makes sense.

Thank you for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards