DIY Wedding Forum

Wedding crafts for kids?

Due to a miscommunication, I have 4 kids aged 4 to 10 coming to my place Saturday who want to help me with wedding crafts. While the 10 year old will be good with a lot of things, I'm not quite sure what to do with the younger ones.

Any ideas?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wedding crafts for kids?

• Age appropriate (depending on the kids, of course- genius kids sneak up on you, sometimes- I would say clean, simple,and doesn't matter if they lose interest. 

If it isn't something that can actually be displayed or used at the wedding, make up a place. Shower, family dinner, just invent something. For the first wedding festivus tree. 
    Coloring rarely fails. Put a pile of blank cards and attractive crayons (oh boy, glitter crayons) and have them make cards. Placecards for the rehearsal dinner, or a display banner of cards or whatever.
    You can print off free coloring pages, or let them design their own things, whichever. 

The point is more to keep them busy and happy and feeling like they're contributing, more than actually expecting it to happen.

Paper chains are fun and simple, and if made out of well chosen papers, are actually pretty. Lace print papers, florals, birds, sheet music, blends of solids in your colors...Google image paper chains, it's actually surprising.
    These are Christmasy, but you get the idea. Love paper chains for kids. They actually get competitive about making the longest chain in the universe.
  • I love this idea! It would also be a cute way to decorate the second entrance to our venue.

I have spare craft paper I can use and will see if my sister can find sheet music when she goes garage sale-ing this weekend. Thanks!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards